In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

so who's making remington ammo

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭

went by wal-mart this morning and went past the ammo case as i usually do and found they had several boxes of ammo available. picked up a 525 round box of remington .22hp, and a box of 22-250. they were marked with Remington Arms Co. LLC. with a Lonoke, Ark address.

Comments

• Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭

They were bought by Vista, the company that owns Federal Ammunition, CCI, RCBS, Etc.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

Shootuadeal, as per normal, is correct. I hope that Vista will improve the quality control on their 22 ammo. I sold a ton of those 525 rd golden bullet packs and the common theory at the time was the extra 25 were in there to make up for the duds.😀 Bob

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭✭

Bobjudy, I live about 140 miles from the Lonoke factory. I swore off the "Golden" 22 ammo a long time ago when there was 100+ FPS variation in a 50 round box of them. You could actually HEAR the difference when you shot them. CCI Minimags only for me, and am glad I stockpiled them before 2020.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

I bought some of those 525 golden bullet packs on sale for ?14.99 before the insanity started. I have used them to my advantage in trade deals.

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Better than Thunderduds

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

I've had better luck with the Golden Bullet ammo it seems. My go to is CCI for hunting but I've shot a lot of the Remington .22 ammo with good results.

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

I've bought Remington rifle ammo and had a different round in the box as in a round loaded with the wrong bullet. I've also bought sabot slugs and had several that didn't have all 4 petals on the sabot and the projectile was setting crooked in the round.

• Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SammySammy Member Posts: 28

I have a High Standard semi auto chambered for 22 short. Out shooting with Remington shorts. Out of a box 0f 50, .had 8 (eight) misfires. Tried them in revolver and not not go off.

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a 500 rd. case of Remington .38 Special 125 gr. JHP ammo off of GunBroker in 2018. I have only fired one box of it so far but that box had a round of .357 Magnum in it, loaded to the same OAL as the .38s. It would not chamber because of the longer case. Seating a bullet that deep in the case would raise pressure considerably so I pulled the bullet out to the cannelure and it fired in a .357 with no problems.