In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Watch your fingers!

Comments

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Oh, how many time have I been told that when I was younger.

😋

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭

Im pretty sure that is my generator!

thx!

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

maybe just me but keep your booger pickers out of pinch points does not get more simple but if money to be had the lawyers will sniff it out I have a portable generator with a similar handle and from day one knew it was no place to put any fingers

a stupid question do any of you put your hand in a floor jack frame between the frame and lifting section when lowering it with a few tons of down force on the jack ? , I am sure it would not be good ( and bet its been done )

one of my many uhohh I years ago I dropped the jack stand up right releasing the pin and have it pinch the day lights out of my fingers as they hit the bottom and my finger was between the head of the up right and base ( a one time deal ) just the weight of the upright post I was a fast learner 😥

our life is filled with pinch points every day car hoods trunk lids car doors house doors basically any thing that moves has a good chance of a pinch point

add in if some one is a bit slow / dumb at moving your fingers even a vise or c clamp can have a pinch point ,,, just keep cranking away with your hand in them how about the m1 thumb ? 😁

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

How about this? Looks innocuous? Simple disc brake on a mtn bike? Yeah give that wheel a spin to make sure it's straight, then crank down on the lever to tighten the axle in the forks. But don't stick your finger into the spinning disc! It caught my finger, took it clear around to the caliper and cut the last inch off like a guillotine. SNIP!

I have since flipped the quick-release lever over to the other side. No more SNIP for me.

Nanuq907 

that hurts thinking about it .

there is way too many things too list just waiting to take a few of our digits off if not more , all it takes is a second of distraction on our part

I would wager many of us had to look to see if all our fingers' were still there after a couple seconds of pain , just knowing a few may be gone and then a sigh of relief ( some what any way ) to find there just mangled up / cut up a bit more than few times in our life I know my hands have enough scars , I do not need any more

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Pinch points are boogers...........but most of the time they can be avoided by exercising care. I've been bit a few times but still have all of my digits.

I am doing meal prep now in my supermarket and trying to get a meat cutter certification........I appreciate those chain mail gloves. If one is not paying attention, it would be really easy to take a slice out of or the tip of of a finger.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

My worst pinch point experience involved the sections of a garage door. Was working on the door opener and had my right hand where it should not have been. MY 2nd finger next to the pinkie caught the brunt of it and I think I may have let out a scream that would have got me into a Hollywood horror flick if there would have been a director or producer within a half mile or so! 😲

It hurt for quite some time and that finger is a bit flatter than the rest even now but looks fairly normal. I remember being very thankful it wasn't my trigger finger.

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

My granddad worked for Northern Pacific in his 20s and both his thumbs had nails the size of a BB. I asked him about it.

He said back in the day you had to hold the coupler open as you were making trains and the rolling stock would come back toward you, and you let go as soon as the couplers clunked together. He got distracted one day and let his thumb drop down into the coupler and the rest of the train rolled back and mashed it thin as a piece of paper. Man it makes my eyes water to think of that.

yes I too have experienced that while working on a garage door .. no fun . I was more concerned abot winding up th esprings then get the crap pinched out me with e door sections .

Nanuq 907 the thumbs had to hurt bad but a lot of the brake men last a lot more even there life's so I guess he was lucky ( in a warped sense of humor )