In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I really enjoy these videos

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

They seem like great people and really know how to rescue all the stuck folks off road in southern Utah. And I never knew there was such a thing as a Corvair station wagon.

(4471) Matt's Off Road Recovery - YouTube

Comments

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I've watched quite a few of their videos I had a buddy in High School who's dad was a corvair enthusiastic that even had the pickup version

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

That is a good channel. Some of the scenery is really beautiful.

Chevy made all kinds of Corvair's, they had Vans a goofy pickup that loaded from the side 2 and 4 door cars. The Van was really cool. With the engine in back and you sitting in front of the front tires you were guaranteed to be the first to arrive at the scene of the accident.

RLTW

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

My brother had four different Corvairs in the 70's....He painted "Nader's NO-NO" on the back of his Corsa..

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

I don't care what Ralph Nader said.............Corvairs are cool.

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

Back when I was a parts manager for a Chevrolet dealer, we kept a package of valve tube seals very close. We automatically replaced them on any Corvair that had over 15,000 miles. They would just cook from the engine heat and break apart. Then they left a puddle wherever you parked.

I'll never forget the brown Carvair that was back in the body shop lockup area. the driver got distracted and went left of center, corrected, but still got hit. His wife was holding their baby boy, he went through the windshield. I'll spare you the rest of the gory details.

Joe