In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Low 38%

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Biden’s Approval Rating Sinks to New Low

Caroline Downey

Wed, October 6, 2021, 3:19 PM·3 min read

Amid a botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, persistent inflation, an unprecedented border crisis, a prolonged pandemic, congressional gridlock, and the specter of debt default, President Biden has received the lowest job performance rating of his presidency.

In Quinnipiac’s latest national poll, released Wednesday, 38 percent of respondents approved of Biden’s performance while 53 disapproved, a record low for his presidency, and a decrease from three weeks ago when 42 percent approved of his performance.

The new data brings Biden’s average approval rating across multiple polls down to a record low 44.6 percent, according to Real Clear Politics.

Republicans are overwhelmingly dissatisfied with Biden’s conduct as president: 94 percent of GOP respondents to the Quinnipiac poll disapprove of his performance. A majority of independents (60 percent) also disapprove of Biden’s work. Eighty percent of Democrats are content with Biden’s management of the country, while ten percent are not.

Biden received overwhelmingly negative scores across major policy areas including pandemic response, the economy, oversight over the military as commander-in-chief, fiscal issues, foreign policy, immigration, and the border situation.

Respondents also seemed to distrust Biden, with just 49 percent saying they believe he cares about average Americans. However, 50 percent believe Biden is dishonest while 44 percent believe the opposite. Furthermore, 56 percent don’t have faith in the president’s leadership skills, suggesting faltering confidence in his ability to preside over the country.

More than half of Americans (55 percent) don’t think the Biden administration is competent enough to run the government, the Quinnipiac poll indicated.

“Battered on trust, doubted on leadership, and challenged on overall competency, President Biden is being hammered on all sides as his approval rating continues its downward slide to a number not seen since the tough scrutiny of the Trump administration,” Quinnipiac University Polling Analyst Tim Malloy said.

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Unlike good ol' Joe the rest of the country is waking up. However mental illness must be running rampant if 80% of the dim dems are happy with his leadership. Bob

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭

I am too lazy (and really don't care all that much - just trying to make a point).

What is 38% of 81 million (or whatever that number was reported to be)?

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭

I dont trust these pollsters, especially Quinnipiac. All are PACS not FACts.

His ratings are falsely reported low in order to pass his far left agenda currently stalled in congress.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

The only thing lower is his cognitive ability.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Given Quinnipiac's history of significant systematic bias in favor of Democrats, the real numbers must be even better for GOP than these crazy good numbers.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,273 ******

Poll's?? I figure they all have ulterior motives since they have never asked ME.

Since they didn't ask Me, pretty sure they didn't ask YOU either! 😁

If they did......that percentage would certainly be a lot lower than 38.

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭

They may have tried to ask me. I don't know for sure.

I just hang up on them before they have a chance.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

and yet he and his party are still there,,,,

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing new in politics here. I can remember when A used car salesman was considered more honest Than President Nixon in the late sixties, then Nixon took America off the gold standard.

The whole political arena up there in Congress is nothing but a scam with Lobbyist with Corporations and lawyers buying votes while politicians keep raising taxes and fees with huge debt increases without any balance budget considered or applied for decades!

The Federal Reserve Ponzi scheme is about to fall apart with higher interest rates with a crashing default burden, They will usher in a new cashless society and promise debt relief all the while enslaving the population into a total awareness police state just like in Red China but with a red, white and blue flag instead,

The whole world will be a Marxist paradise soon enough, with climate change United Nations mandates being their main battle cry.

serf

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

38% means that more than one person in every three think Biden is doing a good job. That is the most scary part right there.

• 62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭

To quote many others........"Let's Go, Brandon!!"  :) :)