In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

UK Doctors Call for Urgent Return of Covid Restrictions > New Strain Coming?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in Politics

Well here we go again! I wonder how the marketplace is going to react ? Is it just more hype?

serf

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/20/uk-doctors-call-for-return-of-covid-restrictions-new-mutation-watched.html

• The call comes amid a high level of infections in the country and as hospitals are seeing an influx of Covid patients.
  • Health leaders warned on Tuesday that the U.K. risks “stumbling into a winter crisis.”
  • Making matters worse, U.K. experts are watching a new mutation of the virus closely.

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

When are these nanny-state dictators going to admit that restrictions do very little to nothing to impede the virus?

It is very difficult for a thinking person to now believe that there is is anyone within the power bureaucracy that actually thinks these steps are for the good of the people.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

@Don McManus to admit that is to give up the control they currently wield. They will never.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain

While that is a big part of it, Mr. P, I think there is also a refusal to accept the fact that almost all of the restrictive steps that were taken did very little. The UK and the US through their economies into turmoil to very little effect, and such an admission would discredit the science community as well as the power hungry.

Even if the initial response of heavy-handed restrictions were with good intent, once it was shown that lockdowns and masking had almost no statistical effect, honest scientists would have changed their tune. The politics we have today masquerading as science is preventing such an admission.

Fact 1: The magical Covid has killed 100s of thousands of people.

Fact 2: The actions of our governments did not save a whole lot of lives, but crippled our economy and in that respect, damaged many more people than it helped, not even considering the great damage 6+ trillion in spending will do to our progeny.

Brad Steele
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Well the Numbers in SC are certainly way way down after folks got the vaccine. Yesterday just 2 deaths and approx 66 per cent vaccinated.

edited October 2021

SC has reported 47 deaths today already. Vaccines have obviously failed.

Of course they haven't failed. All evidence points to the expected result that vaccines or whatever this MRNA treatment is, is keeping the number of hospitalizations and deaths down. It has not kept the number of infections down, as we are experiencing the most active cases of the virus over the past couple of weeks that we ever have seen, and the death counts are similar to the first surge of the virus a year and a half ago.

Thankfully deaths are roughly half of what they were during the worst of it at the beginning of this year, but a simple look at the charts tracking infections shows a cyclical nature to this thing that will probably continue.

Assuming that the vaccine is solving the problem is logical, I guess, but in looking at the number of active infections over time, one simply cannot make such an assumption.

Here is a chart for South Carolina.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/south-carolina/

Please tell me when the vaccines started winning the war against Covid.

Brad Steele
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭

Sooner or later the clue light is going to illuminate on the people and they will tell the Covid creeps to * off. I worry more about being struck by lightning,

It's hard to tell if the MRNA therapy is what's helping or that health care providers have just gotten better at treating the infected. Possibly both, to differing degrees. I keep hearing that India basically wiped out the disease by treating everyone with the famous "horse dewormer"... the people variety no doubt.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

I took the Dominion shot..just after 3 a.m. this morning I had over 81 million shots..I wonder if I will need the booster..hmmmmm.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

There will forever be a 'new strain' showing up and a 'shot' to go with it. Like the 'flu' of the past 20 years, you need a shot for the 'new' variation every year.

Talked to one of my employees yesterday. He's been sick. 3 doses of 'KungFlu" juice and then 10-12 days ago the typical annual ???flu shot. YUP, sick as a dog for 5 days with (wait for it) THE FLU.

When are people going to learn that this is all conjured up to get folks in the habit of blindly following government suggestions and unfounded/unproven claims?

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

it cant be fixed it is here

edited October 2021

I love it when folks pull up the data. Only shows how deadly the virus is, Yet folks refuse to get vaccinated. The un cola folks are the ones dying the most. In fact 11 times more likely to die than un vaccinated. So I don't give a rats behind if folks don't want vaccinated. The gene pool will cleanse itself.

More deaths in SC during this month and last when the "vax" has been available than last year during the same months when it wasn't. This clearly explains how the "vax" is preventing deaths. Wait... ummmm.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain

You need to pay attention. The majority of those deaths are from non vaccinated.

edited October 2021

You need to pay attention. There was exactly no one vaxxed last year. Now with what, 70% vaxxed, the numbers of deaths are rising? If I follow your logic the vaccinated are killing the unvaxxed. Is it that you don't understand charts, math, or is it healthcare?

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited October 2021

44 more today, S-F. Your sociopath tendencies not withstanding, the picture is bigger than you are painting.

More infections now than ever, yet a sizable majority of Americans have been treated with the MRNA system.

What does this tell us?

The MRNA treatments appear to help keep people from dying (though more and more people who have had this treatment are dying). Were the MRNA treatment to behave like a true vaccine, we would be at herd immunity by now. The fact that we are not means there is something wrong with the treatment, or at a minimum, we need to fundamentally re-evaluate how view this MRNA treatment.

It also tells us that it is highly likely that treated people who do not know they are infected (because the MRNA treatment suppresses symptoms) are the primary carrier of this disease at this point in time. Some of us suspected this a couple of months ago when the number of cases began raising again. Now it is fairly certain that these suspicions were correct.

Brad Steele

11x greater to die than if vaccinated. That is what it tells me.

Somebody told you that. Was it the Faucist?

Brad Steele

So it was the Faucists.

Thank you.

Brad Steele
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

I know not what course others may take. But as for me, give me liberty, or give me death.

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Yepp... like my doctor said..if you're afraid of the virus... take the vaccine... it's entirely up to you... for better or worse...

• MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Because you are property to be controlled. Only the 2a standing in the way for now.  2a is the next plandemic. 

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Yep and all the investigations on The Wuhan virus are inclusive and it will neve be pinned down as natural or man-made,A perfect weapon is one that cannot be tracked. Red China refuses to cooperate in full disclosure, too.

serf

https://jamiemetzl.com/origins-of-sars-cov-2/

• In 2012, six miners working in a bat-infested copper mine in southern China (Yunnan province) were infected with a bat coronavirus. All of them developed symptoms exactly like COVID-19 symptoms. Three of them died.
    • Viral samples taken from the Yunnan miner were taken to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, the only level 4 biosecurity lab in China that was also studying bat coronaviruses.
    • The WIV carried out gain of function research, almost certainly on these and a range of related and other samples (which is different than genetically engineering the viruses). Chimeric viruses were likely developed in this process. There has never been a full and public accounting for what viruses are in the WIV sample set and database, and key elements of the database have been taken off line or deleted.
    • Given the close relationship of the Chinese Peoples’ Liberation Army (PLA) in the development and construction of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, it is fair to assume a connection between the PLA and the WIV.

Although nothing can be fully conclusive in light of Chinese obfuscation, the continued absence of any meaningful evidence of a zoonotic chain of transmission and mutation in the wild and the accretion of other evidence is pointing increasingly, in my view, toward an accidental lab leak as the most likely origin of COVID-19. Given the extent to which China would benefit from discovering evidence of a transmission in the wild, we can assume Chinese authorities are doing all they can to find this kind of evidence without success. This failure would explain why Chinese officials have recently begun, with little credible evidence, asserting that the outbreak started outside of China.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Monday they took my wife to the hospital by ambulance. She is not doing so well. My daughter drove over two hours from Delaware County, NY to help me. She brought a certificate out to me that stated no vaccination no admittance. She has had both shots but after her allowable one hour she had to go home.

I have been harassed by my wife, my daughter and BIL to get vaccinated. I chose not to. My daughter understands my right to choose. My wife Diane has been my sweetheart for 57 years. I know some will say it is my fault that I can't visit my wife. Also, my hearing is pretty bad. When my daughter had to go home my wife said" Now, I am truly alone".

Maybe to some this is not discrimination but to me it is. ------------------------Ray

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

Hopes and prayers that your wife recovers and that your able to spend many more years together.

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

Prayers for your wife and hopefully she will be released soon and yes sir it is discrimination!

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Had a Grand Father who died 1918 of The Flu back then.Life is never fair. But I hope the best for you and family,it's not easy to be in this world sometimes.

serf

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Absolutely discrimination. Not sure if you saw the discussion about giving antihistamines around the 7-8 day time-frame. If not ease read it. Hopefully they are administering monoclonal antibodies. It worked for #3 and her spousal unit.

Prayers for your wife's complete recovery.

https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/1903368/covid-treatment-protocol-gaining-some-attention#latest

They are treating my wife for pneumonia for the third time in 1.5 years. After the second bout they discovered a 3 inch tumor in upper left lobe of lung intruding into windpipe. They removed the tumor with a laser by going down her wind pipe at Westchester Medical Center. They seemed to think the blocking tumor was a contributing factor for the pneumonia. Last cat scan showed no growth at tumor site. Her pet scans were negative. Now I don't know what to think! Perhaps her immune system is just not helping. She has had so many setbacks (too many to list) that she is making no progress with PT.

Susie, I read Mr. P's topic on the 7-8 day time frame. He gave a link for more info. It was too deep for me or I just don't have the patience. Diane never tested positive for Covid and she has been tested 3 times. However just so happens I had to call ambulance 8 days after 2nd vaccine shot. Is there a connection? Who knows?

Tonight they removed IV and are going back to oral. At one time her BPM was over 140 and is now down to 70's. Not sure which anti-biotic they are using. My daughter is keeping tabs on this with nurses/drs.

I remember a time not so long ago that they let me sleep in a chair next to my wife and I could watch over her care. Last night at 1AM my wife called me "Please help me, I am freezing and I need more blankets" I guess the Hospital Administrator and stock holders don't think it is important for unvaccinated family to be with a patient. All of us know how important visitation is to the healing process.

This has been a long haul for me since Diane's stroke and fall about five years ago. Her mind is 100% but her poor body has been thru hell.

I can not tell you how much I appreciate all your concerns and prayers. Please keep them coming if you will.----------Ray

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

Prayers sent for your wife and you Ray.

continued prayers sent.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November 2021

Serf, I am sorry, did not mean to hi-jack your topic. I will continue on if ok.

Mr. P,, Randy, I listened to 24 minutes of video and will pick it up again when I can fit it in. Sounds promising. You understand my wife does not have Covid. They are treating her for pneumonia. Interesting that she has had no fever pre -hospital and EMS came up with 99 on the o2. She had slight cough when eating and fatigue.

At 3am this morning I received a call from my wife " I am so sick please help me" Of course my hearing is terrible. I have the older Widex hearing aids and the custom fitted Phonak from the VA. The Phonak I can adjust the volume with a clicker. Both brands are useless on the phone. I can hear better without hearing aids on the phone. About 5 years ago had closed captioning phone but it drove me crazy. Voice and text out of sync and I gave it up.

I had to call my daughter over two hours away and she called nurse and cleared things up.

Can you imagine for a moment your wife begging for help and not being able to hear her hardly. I am telling you, it is evil to keep a spouse away because he did not have the damn vaccine shots. About a year ago I took a get well card to same hospital and they refused to deliver it or let me take it to her. I got the head of security and told him "Deliver this card or I will go thru you" He delivered the card.

Today they went from oral back to IV on the anti-biotic. My daughter drove over two hours to be with my wife. No one should be that isolated and not allowed to see their spouse because he did not get the vaccine. I know if I was sitting beside her and holding her hand she would feel a lot better.-------------------------------------Ray

edited November 2021

To All, again and thank you for your concern and prayers.

Hospital, said they were discharging my wife today but it was a no go. My daughter and I showed up and only she was allowed inside. My wife was too weak to come home. They got her in wheel chair but was a monumental effort by three people. Diane had turned down Hospital Rehab but they had approved at home PT. Now we have opened a can of worms. Hospital Rehab Doctor has cleared her for in Hospital Rehab but still needs approval from our insurance and Medicare. She was declared medically fit to be discharged and now my daughter has to file an appeal to the discharge. It is possible I will be cast into the twilight zone costing me thousands until final decisions are made on Monday.

I put the walker on the front porch today before leaving for the hospital and my little dog Willie (after Willie Nelson) got all excited. To him this means Grandma is coming home. When I got home tonight he ran and raced through the house and smelled her dirty clothes that I brought home. He kept smelling at front and back door because he thought I was going to go out and help Diane get in the house. Now he is sad.

I am so far behind with my house in Virginia and my house here in Orange County, NY that I am beginning to wonder if any light left at the end of the tunnel. I have been at this for almost five years now and I am physically and mentally exhausted. I just don't know how Smitty found the strength to carry on.

I have a cedar deck that I got behind on (almost 40 years old) and had to sand the whole thing and coat with Sikkens. I tried a big machine years ago and would not work for me. I use a heavy duty Craftsman belt sander and palm sander for tight spots. The Craftsman has a dust bag but not the palm sander. Glasses and mask are nothing but trouble so i had to work a lot without mask. Some say they make a spray for your glasses. I have COPD and some allergies. Now I am sick. Very stupid move on my part but I did not want to loose my deck.

I am going to lay low for a while and when I have more to report and my health gets a little better I will create a new topic in GD. I just don't know if my wife will get her strength back or the cancer in her lung will return. Please continue to pray for my sweetheart Diane if you would.-------------------------------------Ray

Take it easy Ray and trust in God.

edited November 2021

Did she originally have covid and now the hospital says she has pneumonia? That's what the doc in the video says is a misdiagnosis, and that's it's more probably an allergy to the covid spike protein. It may not apply to your situation, but I would continue to look into it. Prayers continue.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain

Randy, Diane was tested three times in past for Covid and always negative. She was admitted Monday and was supposed to be discharged Friday. I am not positive if she was tested this episode. My daughter is middleman as I am hard of hearing and Hospital won't let me see her because I would not get the vaccine. I will find out for sure. My daughter has to appeal the discharge and we have to get approval for rehab from Medicare and our insurance. Diane is to weak to come home. Her only symptom before admittance was a slight cough when eating and fatigue, This is a nightmare.

My neighbor next door has three co-workers that were fired from a major chemical co because they refused the vaccine. Also, my other neighbor across street was NYPD for nine years and is now NYC Fireman. He was fined a months pay and given 30 days to get the vaccine or he will be fired. He has three little children. I just talked to him half hour ago and he is beside himself.

If the doctor in India is correct on his procedure Millions could have been saved worldwide.----------------------Ray