In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Covid: A never ending excuse

chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭

Since Biden became POTUS national media as well as the DEMOCRAT congress has used the COVID epidemic as an excuse for every malady and economic malaise from unemployment to inflation.

They totally ignore the real truth: Biden and his DEMOCRAT policies, mandates, outright malfeasance and failure to lead.

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

wait till gas hits 4.00

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Let's not ignore the fact this started under Trump.

Longest emergency ever.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******

Heck! I was so very happy when Trump got us out of all that Euro Climate change crap! Then along comes our new C&C and spends the first few months undoing every good thing Trump accomplished. Then shut down pipelines without first finding alternate ways to move petroleum products. Then forced mandates.........Oh crap! I'm having a nightmare! Hopefully I'll just wake up.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

You can't only blame Democrats... Never-Trumpers had their hands in it too.. You know who they voted for... They need to OWN IT...

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Yes it did, but lets not forget these people blamed Trump for Covids spread and called him a racist when he banned travel from China when the epidemic began. Further DEMOCRATs campaigned an end to all travel bans.

Whether anyone is pro vaccs or not, Biden took credit for the rapid approval and distribution of the Covid vaccine. Further, he was extolled by the media for the vaccines development: An outright lie.

Lastly, lets not forget campaign promises of a quick resolution to the Covid problem once Trump is gone.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

The Black Swan has seemed to manifest a lot of peculiar incidents that have a mind of its own. Coincidences with a Theme is very propelling, is it not? Never let a crisis go to waste, you say?

serf

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

For all his flaws, Trump only screwed up on two major point in his handling of the magical Covid.

He supported the enhanced unemployment payments, and supported stimulus checks that were not means tested.

He did well in not imposing Federal Government dictates upon the States and upon the Individual.

Congress would have likely over-ridden a veto of spending bills, so his support was not consequential in the practical way. Had he publicly resisted, however, he probably could have kept the hemorrhaging of dollars to a minimum, and may have forced reluctant governors to re-open their states sooner.

Any rational look at this virus suggests that it is past time for the Federal Government to get out of the way. Would have been interesting to have seen what Trump would have done differently than Joe of Borg.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Non of us know exactly what goes on behind those politicians doors.

Let's not forget that Trump also allowed Dr. F to dictate silly 6ft distancing policies (not based on any known science), as well as his "masks don't work, oh wait now they do, oh I mean only 2 masks work" as well as his ludicrous 15 days to flatten the curve nonsense.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

Right on. COVID is an automatic excuse for anything that goes wrong, and the justification for government at any level to do whatever it wishes. When in reality, COVID is no worse than a bad flu.

I have had flu's that were way worse...way..way worse..and didn't even go to the doctor...the fear over this is amazing..oh well...

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"We'll all just have to wait it out and hope that the next presidential election sees a strong Republican candidate."

REALLY?????????

Does anyone think there will EVER be another legitimate Presidential election?????????? 

edited November 2021

It will be whoever they decide to put in... voting doesn't matter...2020 proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.. Virginia was just throwing the people a bone..

Longest

emergency

ever

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain

Highest inflation in three decades

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November 2021

I remember Trump essentially declared COVID over early in the Summer of 2020, but the media decided that was too early- Trump would be elected, and found hundreds of reason why the crisis needed to be dragged on and on. I always wondered if the so called Delta variation was genuine or concocted by the media?

As an admin, I try to avoid expressing my political views, but this one has me frustrated; COVID should be over. Make people start paying rent again, and reset the world to 2018. I don't like the new prices.

• chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭