In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A hypothetical question

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭

Assuming that conservatives can manage to win back the House and also gain a majority in the Senate during the '22 election, what would happen if they were able to impeach, convict, and remove from office both Bumbles Biden and Kamala Cackles? Who would then become president? Would it fall to the (presumably) Republican Speaker of the House?

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming that since Republicans retake control of the House that she would have been replaced as speaker by a Republican.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't it take 60 votes in the senate to impeach? How are you going to impeach The vice president after removing Biden? It's a stretch to even envision this happening until 2024.

serf

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Impeach for what? I don't think being incompetent qualifies as an impeachable offense. Better to concentrate getting a majority in both houses and making him a lame duck president. If his mental capabilities continue to decline then that might be a cause for removal but then you will have Harris and still need both houses to combat her poor decisions. In my opinion, we don't need another long drawn out impeachment that divides up the country even more than it is. Impeachment should not be used a a political weapon like the dems did with Trump. It should only be used when high crimes and misdemeanors are evident and not just because you don't like someone as what happened in Trumps case. Bob

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭✭

Let us all hope and pray our country is still intact when the House and Senate are retaken.

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Most likely to late..and I think the 2022 elections will put more Democrats in power..you can't out vote machines...

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭

I'd start with aiding and abetting! He's supposed to be enforcing the laws of our nation, not aiding and abetting millions of illegal border jumpers.

I know, I know... Can't happen, but dammit, I can dream!

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

I have the same dream and then Harris becomes pres and it turns into a full blown nightmare. Worse a new VP is chosen and then becomes the candidate for the next election. They can probably come up with a personable candidate like they did with old Joe. The real scary part is that Joe is deteriorating so fast he soon will be nothing but a zombie and Harris will replace him anyway. Damn, now I ain't gonna be able to sleep tonight. Bob

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

It would be great if (1) Trump was elected to the House of Representatives. (2) The Democrats lose control of the House by a large margin and also lose the Senate. (3) Trump is elected Speaker of the House. (4) Congress impeaches both Biden and Harris. (5) Trump becomes #47 by line of succession.

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Gonna get a lot worse..l don't think we will ever have a Republican President again..may get a RINO.. but nothing like Trump again.. can't have a President who loves America...that would hurt their widdle feelwings..