In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Agent Orange got another.

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in US Military Veteran Forum
My cousin Lawrence Ronnie Craig  US Army Line haul driver with the 545th Transportation outfit in Vietnam
1966/1968.
I know he hauled men, munitions, etc into many places, across An Khe pass, Pleiku, just to name a couple.
He rotated home just days before the Tet offensive began in Jan 68.
He was active in a couple Vietnam veterans groups and was part of an Honor guard for several years.
He was always proud of his service and his contribution.

He had lost a kidney to AO, ten years ago, and a short 3 weeks ago the cancer came back with a vengeance in multiple places. He was brought home with hospice less than a week ago and had a couple days of clarity to say his goodbyes before crossing the divide yesterday morning. I am told he had an easy crossing, which he deserved.
He was a good man.

RIP Ronnie.

Mule

Comments

• Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭

Wow, that is scary. I, like your cousin, lost a kidney to AO about 7 years ago. I was also in Pleiku

in the 4th Infantry Division. I am scanned annually for any return of cancer and have been clean.

Sorry for your loss.

• danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭

Sad...

Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • top1939top1939 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

Stinkin mess got me.....PSA about 12...to 14+......I have tried and tried. Since I was US NAVY at the time, They tell me since I was not in NAM I can not file for AO..??? While at the same time, MARINES that helped NAVY PERSONNEL move the stinking drums at Subic Bay , Philippines........they got 100%..??? Huh......???? We had it stacked by some building on base in Olangapo, Subic Bay, Philippines... We (NAVY) used to clear the Boton Rifle Range on Base.. But I guess - since it was not in NAM it is not lethal..and is not a hazard.....?? What did he say..??? Yup...Not good... Kidneys have been fair...stones...hurt a lot.. trips 5 times a night...... Anyone else treated like this ??? I crossed to ARMY and retired in 1990..... SGM .. No help there either.....

• danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭

It killed my childhood buddy and friend Gene Coor . He actually was one of the guys who mixed it up and loaded it on the planes that sprayed it . It was an ugly way to go .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....