In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dan Quayle

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Remember him? Did anybody give a hoot what his approval rating was? Did anybody care when one of his staff quit? VP Hassis is as irrelevant as Dan Quayle. Another nothing burger.

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

In the past the V.P. was simply a placeholder that everyone ignored. Often compared to a spare tire that you carry around and for the most part ignore unless it's needed. Now with the extreme politization of the post it has become forefront in a lot of peoples minds. When a presidential candidate pledges to pick a running mate based only on their sex and ethnicity it draws attention to the position. A capable intelligent person put in that position would rise to the occasion and show some leadership potential and give us confidence that if something happens to the boss the country will be in good hands. Our current V.P. has done just the opposite and actually has me wishing for geriatric Joes continued good health. the old saying, Out of the frying pan and into the fire, comes to mind. Bob

• 62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭

The last two Democrat VP's were just "flack jackets/bullet-proof vests" for their bosses(by design BY their bosses)............i.e. who in their right mind would want misfortune to befall their "Empty Chair" or "Uncle Joe Brandon"......to ultimately end up with what we see today(and have seen in the past)????

Actually it's a win-win..........for the "bosses"..............sadly(for the rest of us).

Then there's......further down the food chain......the current "Mouth-Piece" Of The House........sigh........

Another one of my $0.02.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Maybe not his approval rating per se, but there was a metric ton of media attention paid to his gaffes to try to undermine the Bush presidency.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭

Compare and contrast how dirty corrupt media portrayed Quale's gaffes to how they ignore Biden's gaffes as both POTUS and VP under Obama.

Like mouse farts would be breaking news and major hurricanes ignored.

But there has been attention paid to Harris, and that was my point.... that it's similar.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain

Yep, apparatchiks: rich white multibillionaires and party handlers (Soros, Steyer, Gates, Bloom, Zuck etc,) are positioning her to replace Biden. Close to having a winning team with DOJ as well as the media running damage control and providing top cover.

No they aren't. They want her gone. She's wildly unpopular and a drain on the administration. Everyone in power knows this.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

Originally, the position of VP was filled by the candidate who received the 2nd most votes. Once that was changed, the VP position has been simply a tool for the presidential candidate to pull in a few more votes from some portion of the country, some color, etc. Ability is not a consideration as proven by every Democrat VP back at least to the 1930s.

edited December 2021

Respectfully Disagree:

Other than Fox, Newsmax, She is portrayed positively by main stream media.

Further and most important: Credentials, experience, accomplishments, and pedigree carry absolutely zero weight to the DEMOCRAT voter, otherwise, a philandering governor and drug using first term senator and community organizer would have never been nominated.

She is an African American woman and further to the left than any to hold such high position in power and IMHO the future is bright.

One final note: Biden himself was lampooned throughout his term as VP even by BHO and was not initially supported by BHO. Then we have Obamas ever famous quote : Dont underestimate Biden's ability to * things up.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

She tried in Kalifornia ot legalize prostitution. Maybe more luck in Washington

LOL they keep her from visiting the border, shuffle her off into a corner, keep her from making public appearances if at all possible, and when she's out there she's cringy AF and they know it.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain