In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Germany to close nuclear reactors despite energy crisis

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

HAHAHAHA!! They must be counting on global warming, or the Russians.

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Shutting down the only reliable zero greenhouse gas emitting source of power makes absolutely no sense. It looks like Belgium and Spain have plans to close all their nuclear plants in the next couple of years as well. So in effect most of Europe will be held hostage to Russia's whims to continue to get natural gas. With America being totally dependent on China it seems like Russia and the Chicoms are in the catbird seat. 😠Bob

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭

I am about 10 miles from a nuclear power station here in upstate SC.I have heard rumors that the company that owns it wants to shut it down because of the cost of running it.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

I mean really, how much money is going under the table to do such an idiotic move? Makes ZERO sense and I suspect the stupid moves will cost the people PLENTY. The USA needs the ship righted real soon as it is listing at an angle where she could roll over unless Brandon and crew gets thrown overboard.

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭

"Let 'em freeze in the dark!"

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

They are woke idiots who have sold their soul to Russia.

RLTW

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

NOT TO WORRY...the USA will gift each a few billion dollars to buy their way out of a jam

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

Most of the Western Europe countries started into the New Green Deal nonsense long before the US did. It is where AOC and the squad got their ideas . . . or did you think they came up with it out of their own heads? The last time I was in Germany I was distressed by all the ancient midevil buildings in small towns with large solar panels on the roof.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

They just got rid of the Commie Chancellor, Angela, I thought Germany was going to wise up.

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

They know who the new "Big Dogs" are going to be.. They're just getting in line..