In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

When is last time you went fishin'

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
edited February 2022 in The Fishing Hole!

how'd you make out? Big one? Huge monster?? Tell me.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited February 2022

Several years ago in the Sea of Cortez with friends. Although I was on a fishing boat, I don't remember us doing much fishing, but we sure drank a LOT of beer!

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
  • wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭

Last fall right before deer season. Caught several bass but nothing really large. Just thinking today about cleaning the boat up and getting it ready to go shortly.

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Last fishing trip was out from the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. the captain of the boat threatened to throw me overboard, said no one was supposed to catch fish bigger than the captain caught. I survived, my brother didn't throw me overboard.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******

During my states trout fishing season which runs from the last Saturday in April to about mid September, I drive my golf cart to several streams and rivers in a range of about 10 miles from home. I try to get out at least 3 to 4 times a week and usually get my limit of various Browns, Brooks, and Rainbows. Nothing overly huge but nice pan sizes ranging from 10" to 15" or so.

My grandma was raised on a dairy farm that her dad (my great grandfather) built and ran. He was born in Devonshire UK and came to the states in the 1880's. With him came the regular fare of the "English" breakfast. Pan fried trout! 😛

A family tradition still taking place under my roof!

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

When I was in the Boy Scouts we went on a field trip to a farmer's pond to do some fishing. I caught 9 fish and came in second to Bob who had 10.

That was the first and last time I ever had a fishing pole in my hand. Can't say I miss it, I just had other interests.

Joe

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

About 4 months ago. I caught enough crappie for dinner.

RLTW

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******
    edited February 2022

I thought about going ICE fishing this winter. I soon forgot about it.