In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

We're Iced In

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited February 2022 in General Discussion

And going nowhere. No need to.

Dawnie's principal sent her home early yesterday, and there's no school today.

Bry, who lives with us now, was released early from school yesterday, and there's no school today.

I had a substitute assignment today, but with no school, it is canceled.

There will be no mail delivery today. Postmaster says they can't get the truck to come from Coppell. There's to be no trash pickup either.

Roads around here are pretty much iced over. I saw some video of Interstate 30 earlier. Looks like the Canadian border, with a line of trucks as far as you can see, not moving. I think they just decided to stop and wait it out.

I am a little bored, but VERY thankful that none of us needs to go anywhere.

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Strangest weather ...it is 81 in SC and too hot for this time of yr.

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭

So far, we are in pretty good shape in our area of the Piney Woods. A little ice on our Magnolia tree leaves, but nothing on the ground or on our county road.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭

Up here in New York State on the Vermont border, we are about to get a foot or so of snow. Its been a snow starved winter so far. We are about thirty inches or so short this year. A lot of idle snow mobiles...

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******

The weather is strange, for sure. Yesterday, Dawnie was talking on the phone with her brother in New York. He said the temperature there was 61 degrees. It was 26 here in NE Texas.

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

About the same kind of weather here in Central MO....Good day to catch up on a few things and clean guns for me ! Be safe down there Nunn !

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Hope you can ride it out ok Nunn.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

Time to make homemade ice cream

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

...Ive got the same icy conditions here...a little bit of ice coating everything that didnt get out of the way...25 degrees, windy with light freezing drizzelI, a lot nicer inside...did my running around yesterday "just in case" the ice storm actually happened...have a big pot of beans with a ham hock going and tending the fireplace... as you know David, the weatherman forcasting snow or ice around here is at best a "maybe yes, maybe no"...they were right this time, for once...

...My two Dobermans, Dak & Zoe...just sit looking out the atrium door...when I open it to let them out...they either go out for a quick minute or look at me like Im an idiot for opening the door...they prefer the fireplace, I do too!...

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

Pretty much the same in Wise county Mr. Nunn, schools closed, wife told to stay home from her 14 mile drive to work in Decatur, Her store mgr made it in to open , then called the rest of today's staff and he said don't come in, nobody's shopping today.

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭

Nunn, I am 130 miles East of you, temp stayed above freezing all last night. We had some drizzle off and on with thunder. It's 37 now, with a small chance of rain or snow mix this afternoon. Hope ya'll get thawed out soon. Glad I don't need to travel today.

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭✭

And the Yoopers are all smiling. Missed us!

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

59 and cloudy today 84 and sunny for Friday with 55 and clouds on Saturday. Typical late feb north carolina weather

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

We had a little snow this morning in Western Ohio, then it stopped, now we are getting freezing rain. The temperature is 24° now. We may get a little snow later tonight. This has been one mixed up winter.

Joe

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

93mph winds and heavy snowfall, house was completely covered in 2" of snow and ice, even 3rd floor windows. Now it's warmed enough the ice fell off parts of it. I checked the shed, there's a 1/4" gap under the door, and a foot of snow drifted inside.

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭

I was in Dallas this week, infact I even packed shorts!

My flight out of DFW was canceled, woke up at 4AM drive to Houston and made it out from there.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Stay warm, stay safe. I do not like icy roads, stay off them if at all possible.

Good to hear Bry mentioned. Hope he is doing good.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Sounds like these might come in handy.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

Started freezing here about a hour ago . I hope not but around us that normally takes out the power lines

even the gravel drive way is like walking or greased up marble's ( Ok just a guess I never actually walked on greased up marbles 😁

• DPHMINDPHMIN Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

In Texarkana it stayed about freezing, so the road didn't get bad.

I hope you stay safe.

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭

We might get above freezing by Saturday. Haven't been since Tuesday.

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭

CT has snow, sleet and rain , temps not going above 32 for another week

• GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Cold and snow. Had to put plumbers pots under the work horses to get them started.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

We got a little ice in Austin yesterday..........lots of wrecks. I went to the grocery store at 10am and on the way home I saw a car slide 2 lanes over on an overpass in front of me..........then i hit it (I felt a tight pucker in my behind) but all is well. No crash.....just lost traction for a second.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

Monroe, NY. Ground was clear and no snow. Day before yesterday almost 70 degrees and during storm when i got up this morning 23 degrees. Three inches of sleet and could not use the Red Max blower on this one. Heavy as lead. Started at 9am and finished 150' driveway at 3pm. ------------------------------Ray

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ................... me ..................... ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow ice snow.

You get the idea.

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,825 ✭✭✭✭
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭

Similar weather here in SW Missouri. We got Thunder Sleet couple days ago. The main roads are clear now. Side roads are still icy but some melted today.

Hey Nunn, how old is Bry now? Is he driving yet?

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******

Bry is 16. He can drive, but he isn't licensed.

Weather has dried and warmed, so we're back to normal, but still pretty cold.

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭