In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Federal Reserve trying hard to Mint digital dollars

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

How is the word to Mint digital currency is used is beyond belief to me and no free man should even consider it as real money in a free society. So I guess now i will truly be an outsider soon?

serf

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/as-the-fed-considers-minting-the-first-digital-dollar-it-is-tapping-experts-from-a-crypto-company-with-a-stake-in-the-outcome/ar-AAUdERb

As Federal Reserve officials consider whether to launch a digital version of the dollar, several former officials of one company with a direct stake in the outcome are working to inform the project, a new report based on public records finds. At least five employees of Circle, which issues the world’s second-most popular stablecoin, have left the company over the past three years to work at the Boston Federal Reserve Bank as it researches how a U.S. digital currency might work.

The project could have profound implications for the future of money — and for Circle’s business model. A new form of electronic cash minted by the central bank could “directly and adversely impact the demand” for Circle’s own, privately issued version, the company said in a federal filing last year.

Comments