In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got some ammo in Wal-Mart tonight! Lord have mercy, it was worse than a carnival freak show!!

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭

Limit three of each type of ammo. I got three 5 round boxes of Remington 12 gauge 00 buck at $7.44 per box and the last 5 round box of Remington 20 gauge slugs at $5.96 per box.

I am often in Wal-Mart but I'm usually there by 9 AM. The white trash and black trash aren't out of bed yet so the customers are pretty decent people. But 6 PM??? OMG it was better than a carny freak show and best of all this freak show was FREE!! I only wanted 4 items but those items were in the four corners of the store so I got a real tour! There must have been 6 to 10 freaks that I couldn't figure out if they were men or women and that was mild compared to some of this Wal-Wart freak show. I don't even know how to describe what I saw.🤣

I can't make up my mind as to if I want to make a vow to myself to never, ever go to Wal-Mart again later in the day or if I want to go back tomorrow night with my camera!! 😂

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I'm usually there by 9 AM. The white trash and black trash aren't out of bed yet so the customers are pretty decent people.

LOL. It's no different here in Central Florida. By lunch time, it's a different crew of customers.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I'm lucky as I don't need any more ammo right now. I actually had a very nice gentleman give me 1000 rounds of Winchester 230 gr. ball .45acp a couple of weeks ago. I have a large wooden cabinet at home that is full of ammo, and there are several thousand rounds of .38,.45,9mm,.223,7.62x39,.308, .45 Colt, and some shotgun shells, and a few rounds of .22 ammo here in my office. Oh, and one box of .416 Remington?????

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Walmart won't sell ammo in Oregon any more.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

not sure about trash of any color seems to be no shortage of any nationality . local WM stores do have there share of sideshow runaways as in see the bearded tattooed lady the fattest guy /gal or child in line with a cart full of junk food and the bonus no admittance fee 😮 oh I cant leave out honorable mention the ones who must have a terrible fear of soap and water or deodorant 😝 three asiles away and the sent trail is still like a fog in the aisle ways they left earlier

strolling by the sporting goods I have not seen any ammo for some time but I did look on line a few nights ago and prices have came down , now cant say I need any but want well I cant say I would not buy any more 😏

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

My local Wallyworld has had 12 and 20 ga shotgun shells, turkey loads and buckshot lately. They had a decent supply of rifle ammo in .243 and .308 too. A bunch of .22 LR, .17HMR and .22 mag also.. It has been strange to see it as most of the last few months there was little or nothing available there...

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

My 1st job was at a local grocery store

I could not guess at the new Buick and Cadillac's well land yachts we had another name but no way I would post it that would come Rollin in. the Women dressed to kill just left the beauty shops then check out with food stamps

I grew up same neighborhood as the shoppers lowend to working poor would be best description. our family never had any thing as nice and am positive my mom never seen the inside a hair salon or beauty shop as they were called back then

It still rings my bell to this day thinking about it and knowing it happens millions of times each year

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

Back when I was out shopping for a job, I would check a potential companies parking lot and if the cars and trucks were late model luxury types, I'd put in a application. 🙂

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Sorta like driving by a restaurant...If no cars were in the parking lot..go on by and eat somewhere else

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

How about the folks who pull in to the handicap spot, hang the blue sign on the mirror, then go in and make three trips around the store, stopping to talk to their friends for 1/2 hour?

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭

If you were in Spartanburg,there seems to be lots of "special people" in that area.I did HVAC work around there and I ran into plenty of strange folks.

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Luxury cars with EBT drivers are on "short term lease" that lasts until the repo man finds them.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • claysclays Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Maybe it would help to roll a fatty before next time you go to Walmart. They say it takes the pressure off, and enjoy the show.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Wal-Mart is about the only place a mask mandate would have some beneficial effects. Bob

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

...I dont do Wally World..they put the screws to me years ago on a return, have not blessed them with my money since, and never will...I'd pay twice the price for something rather than walk into a Wally World...

...Buy a few cases of ammo for the guns you shoot the most and be done with it...several years ago I bought several cases for several calibers, still have at least a case of each...I have no doubt the ammo I bought back then costs a good bit more today...save trips and save money too...

• Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

When on the road I also check license plates -- if less than half are local I'll pass. Found some great places in unknown towns that way.😁

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭

There's a great family story about my late FIL Leo. On their annual family vacation drive to Florida once, Leo pulled in to a small restaurant because as he said, "There are three telephone company trucks in the lot, and those guys know where the good food is."

The family went in, got poor service and mediocre at best food, and then noticed that the telephone guys were in the back of the place - fixing the phones.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.