In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Outstanding service from Dremel

44pinshooter44pinshooter Member Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

I have 2 Dremel tools, one on each end of the bench. They both get used a fair amount.

Well a few weeks ago, one of them let the magic smoke out and locked up. Dremel is located in Racine, WI, about 28 miles from me. Before the bug, you could go over there and they'd give you a cup of coffee while they rebuilt the tool. The last time it cost me $20.00 for a complete over haul. Now, they only are doing work by mail. So, I sent it in, 10 days later a BRAND NEW Dremel came, along with a note saying that there really wasn't anything left to rebuild on, so we are sending you a new one, NO CHARGE!!!!!

Sent them an email, thanking them and telling I was very pleased and happy. They answered back they that they were glad to do it.

Comments

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

I have 3 sets of Dremel's. They get used regularly. They have been very good when it comes to problems which isn't too often (& probably may fault when they do occur). I also used to drive there for service. Great company in my humble estimation.

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

That's good to know. I've used mine a lot since I bought it back in the mid 70's. It's always done what I wanted it to do.

Joe

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭

That's a lot better deal than a free cup of coffee and a $20 repair bill. 😊

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

I just love dry senses of humor🙃

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭

nice to know I have tossed a few over the years if it was more than a switch or brushes but they use to be some with inexpensive not so much any more .

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******

Good on them, well done. And good to see you in here @44pinshooter

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Good to know. I have two, only one of them is not variable speed, but still useful. Bought both from pawn shops, the variable was a new full kit I paid $35 for, the other I got for $15, used. If either one messes up, I'll check out the company.

• pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

Glad to see that if needed they are there. My bench wears a Fordom due to the fact it is reversable. In our department I was the go to when it came to removing twisted off screws and bolts. 4-40 and up. Always kept a set of left handed bits on hand as well as broken tap extractors. More often than not, a stub would back out on the drill bit. I do have a pair of Dremels and they have been very reliable, one collet and one chuck.

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭

It is always nice to hear something good about a company, now days.

I have 2.

The old hand held fat one, and a flex shaft with a variable speed foot control pedal.

They both come in handy for different jobs.