In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Get Ready for the Iditarod!

Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

Years ago a bush pilot named Don Bowers would run the Iditarod and take lots of notes and pictures. He was killed in an accident so I quickly grabbed all his work before his internet host deleted it.

Sunday March 6th is the start of the 50th running of the Last Great Race, these pages will take you step by step from start to finish. Enjoy!

Comments

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

that's one tough race and test of endurance what little I have seen and headr of course internet mostly and some tv shows

I tip my hat to any one even thinking about doing it not to mention all the brave and fearless souls who actual join in way beyond this old fellows limits

well add in even when younger I would had to pass way too much snow and cold for me

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Nanuq. Good to see the race back. Was having issues with the irony of the Iditarod being cancelled because of a virus.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭

It’s always been on my list to get to be in Nome when the first team hit the finish line, it will be bittersweet now if I do as my friend and former work colleague, that I would have stayed with, Gilbert Ozenna jr, life long resident of Nome passed last fall from the china flu.

Many times he told me to come to Nome and we will ride snowmobiles to White mountain and watch teams arrive there, then ride back and watch the official finish.

Mule

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

The I-did-a what?.................just kidding. Takes some balls to do that race.

• bitlockerbitlocker Member Posts: 299 ✭✭

Do they allow dog boots?

• bitlockerbitlocker Member Posts: 299 ✭✭

An Army pal told me of marching all day toward mountains and got no closer at the end of the day.