In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

United Nations

truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

The UN was created in order to avoid situations such as we have right now. What does the UN do with all the money it gets, mostly from the US? Other than a few minor things in Africa, I'm not aware of the UN ever doing anything to stop one country beating up on another. They tried in Korea in the '50s, gave up, and have sat on their hands ever since. While I'm at it, what does NATO do that is worth doing?

Comments

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭

well they do have them bright blue practice targets

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

The UN is bureaucracy more concerned about power, self preservation, and creating a one world government based on Marxist principles.

IMHO: The organizational structure is flawed, so the UN is basically powerless due to the veto power of 5 nations: USA, Russia, China, UK, and France.

IE: The UN security council demanded Russia stop its invasion of Ukraine. Which Russia immediately vetoed.

If I were King for a day. My first ruling would be to remove its headquarters from American soil.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Are the ultra elitists heading to their lavish bunkers yet? The U.N. will get some real powers soon if my crystal ball is right. Not NATO.

serf

• chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

The UN is a useless money pit that constantly drains a big portion of its' funding from the United States. The Cold War and the USSR collapsed some 30 years ago, but the NATO has kept a large force within walking distance of Russia this whole time.

One can argue why Putin made this decision, but an army camped on his doorstep for three decades may have something to do with it, or perhaps the US manipulation in 2014 that overthrew a legal democratic election in Ukraine and installed another US puppet government.

Meanwhile, the UN is passing Agendas that seem to do nothing but support the idea of a New World Order and a one world police force.