In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got a Jeep

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭

2015 Wrangler Willys. Found it down in Arkansas Tuesday. Been having fun with it around the house and will take it off road tomorrow.

Contemplating ditching the 4Runner now while it's still in demand and worth more than it should be.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

Looks nice. I love the color.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭

Lockers front and rear? Needs a big winch.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,991 ******

Looks great,congrats

• Options

Limited slip differential in the rear.

I have a Warn VR 10 out in the garage. Ordered a winch bumper for it today - cheap compared to the Toyota tax I mean Toyota aftermarket.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice.....

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******

Looking good, only jeeps I ever drove had US Army painted on them in the 70's but I liked them, yours seems much nicer!

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Jeep, Just Empty Every Pocket

or Just Enjoy Every Penny.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭

nice I like the color also

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭

Nice! I know you’ve been wanting one.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭

I drove JEEP Comanches until they quit making them, then switched to Cherokees. Ran most of them to around 200K and sold them to buyers who didn't drive 100 miles a day. I drove one Cherokee 2 years (50K @ 52 cents per mile) and sold it for the same $$ I paid for it. I drove the last one 100K and sold it for 1/2 what I paid for it. Every one of them made me money so can't complain.

The new ones are questionable. Current mail man says they're not up to the quality and dependability of the pre-2004 models.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭

I used to think they were cool vehicles. Rode in my first modern one recently and it was an uncomfortable, loud, cramped ride with terrible visibility. I think an interstate highway trip would be torture.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Nice looking Jeep. like the color too, I had a 85 CJ7 in a similar color. I love Jeeps and have a new JL on order now. This JL will be my sixth Jeep Wrangler/CJ. Started with a 77 CJ5 with a three speed and a 304 V8. I wish I could get a new one like my 85, cloth top and heater that would freeze you to death in the winter and rode like a buck board but would absolutely climb a tree. If you have never owned a Jeep Wrangler/CJ you will be surprised by the capability. the four runner is not even close. Enjoy your Jeep and be safe.

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

I bought a 95 YJ Wrangler about a month ago.The people bought a new Jeep Gladiator. and just parked the YJ at the edge of the woods.I assumed it needed an engine, transmission,or serious repair.They quoted a price that I could fix it,sell it and still make a few bucks.They told me just needed the battery charged.It was low on oil and coolant and I didnt know how good the brakes were so I had a roll back bring it home.I pressure washed the leaves and crud off of it,topped off the fluids,charged the battery and it started up and ran perfectly.I drove it around and hated it.It rode horribly,was loud,the wind noise whistling through the soft top would drive you crazy.I brought it back home changed the oil,flushed and refilled the cooling system and brakes. It started fixing the little things like tailpipe,seat covers and put a new timing set.I started driving it here and there and have sort of took a liking to the Jeep.I had intent to sell it but my youngest son wants to buy it(when he gets the money),but he can still take it and drive it when he wants to,so it looks like the little Jeep is like the stray dog that wandered into the yard and turned into a member of the family.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Need a 1919 or a Ma duce over your right shoulder

• Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

The critter driving the Jeep in Brookwood's post is "Eugene the Jeep", Olive Oyl's African pet that was intro'ed in Popeye comic strips in 1936.

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

That's a really nice lookin ride. Let us know how the off road test goes.

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

#3 and her spousal unit have one. Not sure the model. Has a removal hard top. She loves it. 5 speed so she does all the driving. It's her good weather commuter. All the kids think she's cool. (She teaches 9th grade English.)

Enjoy. Wish we still had the old Willys my dad bought in the 70's. It was a hoot to drive. Not a single luxury on it.

• Options
    jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Gotta love those 2 door jeeps. Two doors and a manual transmission = jeep nirvana.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******

Well, I'm jealous. Nice rig!

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

It was an experience! BFG AT KO2's are useless in mud. I wished I had my winch on it but got help from some friends.

Hard to tell in this pic but I had 3 guys pulling me out of this mud hole...

Original plan was to use these tires for a bit then switch to 35 inch Mud Terrains. Probably going to switch a lot sooner.

Otherwise the Jeep did fine.