In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My kid stood up for himself today

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in General Discussion

And I presume one more bully has learned a life lesson. My son in question, just turned 10 less than 2 weeks ago and he is a big athletic kid. Around 5ft 2” and 125lbs.

Youth Travel baseball took us to one of the more diverse areas of Florida this weekend, 2 games yesterday and 2 games today.

As a sign of the times, an adult woman, stood there and video’d a 13 year old kid repeatedly pushed my son in the back as my son tried to walk away, until said punk threw a hot wheel car and hit my son square in the back.

The response was apparently the receipt of a black eye courtesy of my son and the kid was pushed to the ground by my son.

Of course, sweet little bully was just misunderstood and the woman doing the video with her Iphone gladly exclaimed she had it all on video “but didn’t know how it started”….

Cheers to you son. The world is full of people you can only try so hard to tolerate.

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Sic Semper Tyrannus

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
  • dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭

That’s refreshing to hear of a lad standing up.

Sounds like you’re raising him right, show restraint of fools, until you don’t.

Mule

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Is it just me......I get so tired of watching videos of people getting abused, beat, knocked around and any other term you might wish to use. ALWAYS there are several folks standing around with their phone out witnessing these events and they do absolutely NOTHING to intervene in any way...their hope is to get something to put on whatever social media platform they live to get likes on.

What on Earth is wrong with these people ?

Rant off....

ON the subject, I am glad your son was able to get out of this situation without any major injury. I would however be on your guard the next time these two parties come across each other. Some bullies do not learn lessons easily and there may be further altercation or some dirtbag parent, big brother etc that might wish to try to uphold the misplaced family honor..

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

AND yes dcon, I know don't watch them....😛

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

good for him and glad to see he did not just roll over

I have mixed feelings on people that record video ( good sometimes ) but to watch some one in a accident or getting the crap beat out of them or robbed or worse but hay I get it recorded .

as a little guy I was on the receiving end of countless Bullys it started from when I was 6 yrs old . I went home once in tears some big kid had beat me up ( well as much as a little kid could LOL ) my dad said never come home crying because some one hit or beat you up if there bigger than you ( which every one was ) just pick up a big stick of what even and thump the crap out of them 😮

one fellow tommy the first receiver a big stick we became friends well for life and he remembers me whacking him with a stick LOL

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭

Loosing the fear of getting my butt stomped by 3 older/bigger brothers paid handsome dividends over the years 😀. The loss of pride hurts a lot more than the loss of blood.........Treat that Son with a handshake.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

Still Remember my dad saying pick up a 2x4 and lay him out. different times then

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭

I put a bully in the hospital in Junior High. He just kept on and on until I nailed him in the head with a history book, broken nose, concussion. He decided to pick on someone else after that. Dad had to come to the school to get me back in, then shook my hand and told me to hit the bully twice next time, right in front of the principal.

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭

When my son played little league,we went to Columbia SC for semi finals.This was for the players 12-13 year old.One of the teams we played,the kids were nearly all 6 feet tall and big.But what I did notice that they were the most polite, respectful teams we ever played.That says a lot about the parents and coaches of those boys.

• Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

My dad's advice on getting in a fight (circa mid-50's) was to make sure I split his lip so he'd remember who not to mess with.

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

I think your son did the right thing. But in this litigious society, I wouldn't be surprised if the b***h deletes the part leading up to the beating and uses that to file a suit against you. I sure hope that doesn't happen, but it would not surprise me.

Good Luck, Joe

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Dave, you seem to be raising your son right. Kudos to you. And him obviously.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,825 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Don’t start a fight. But if you have to fight…finish it !

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭

Still, he needs to be careful with those types, won't always be a hot wheels that gets thrown in his back.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"