In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

gas prices and elections

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Politics

i am really beginning to wonder what the Dems plans really are for the next election . are they going to reopen U.S. energy in the year before the election and then take credit for saving the country? scary thing is that just might work.

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I would never underestimate what they would do, but hopefully people will remember farther back than 90 days.

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,311 ******

Unfortunately most people I encounter can't remember last week Todd...

• bundybundy Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

The last time oil was over $100 a barrel Obama was president, it's over $100 a barrel again and look who's president? The guy who was his vice-president. I knew it was coming but I was hoping it wouldn't be till 2024 to remind people people what electing a corrupt moron Democrat gets us.

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

gas here today 3.80 diesal 4.60

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

It will get worse.. but people will still vote for them because of the "D".... beside their name...

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

Well, as predicted, they are taking away the COVID restrictions and claiming they have saved us all from that, just in time for the start of mid-term primary season.

• pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

New strategy, no one can afford gas to get to the polls! Election by mail with Dem counters.

• hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭

Gas $3.12 last weekend, yesterday $ 3.79.

Cutting back on trips to town. No mowing the yard every week that's about 3 gallons.

When the Price of Oil / Gas comes down that will effect transportation and goods getting to market. That's when folks will notice. I'ts a long haul.

Won't matter to my vote, pretty much conservative.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭

Wife said we have to stop mowing with gas cost too much.

She wants to buy a Electric mower. Told her there is a fuel surcharge (?) on the Electric Bill for any overages. Plus cost of new machine and batteries.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭

but, but, but electricity is free isn't it. all we have to do is buy electric cars and plug them in.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
  • Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Elizabeth Warren (Pocohontus) quote:

On News few days ago

"We need to stop using oil. We can live on Solar and Wind power"

Several people got a dose of that type power last winter when the big ice storm hit.

Texans had some major problems with weak solar and wind energy during the ice storm.

If we could only harness Liz's wind.

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭

Don't send any of incumbents back,they had their chance, and we see what happened,No matter if the have a R or a D in front of their name if they have been there they don't go back.The best thing we can do for our country is put an end to careers in politics. Send them all home so they can start being ambulance chasing lawyers.

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,308 ***** Forums Admin
    edited March 2022
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

When hyper inflation hits, most of congress leaders will quit in mass and leave the mess for the younger one's to hammer out. It's not going to be pretty for the average middle class worker for a long while. Less rights more rules and faster enforcements with the new rules of police surveillance.

serf

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

We need to be reminding all Biden voters that the USA was energy independent and a net exporter during the Trump administration. When Biden shut the Keystone pipeline down prices and imports followed soon thereafter.

• fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

l remember watching when ol jo shut down KEYSTONE. Jumping around like his pants were on VIBRATE😲

If it's stays at 140.00 a barrel for six months then America is officially a third world economy.The Elites will control the whole world through out this bottle-neck into the great reset and the green deal with co-2 & methane global warming crisis agenda.

serf

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

Don't worry, it won't stay at 140 for 6 months. Current administration is going to make sure it hits at LEAST $200 a barrel soon! 🤬😡🤢

Well at least in India and China they can buy oil now at much cheaper prices. When Iran goes on line,you can bet The USA is toast and only green power can suffice?

serf