In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Russia To Ban Fertilizer Exports?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Only friendly countries will get fertilizer imported in.I wonder how much Venezuela will get this year?😆

serf

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-considers-temporary-ban-agricultural-products-countries-outside-eurasia

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭

theres enough BS coming out of wasington to make up the difference............

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭

Cost of fertilizer is relative to the cost of natural gas. Interestingly when fertilizer becomes more expensive; so does groceries.

If anyone out there likes paying more for groceries; call Joe Biden and thank him.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭

A month back, I would have said the grain markets had topped out but this Ukraine scenario has changed the outlook of the entire planet. This a world changing period of under the table political manipulation.

From the agriculture business standpoint, I can virtually guarantee lower production due to reduced fertilizer application due to either cost or availability or both. Bankers are going to limit their borrowers on input costs. An operator can't cut back on seed/chemical rates and prices so the variable is fertilizer.

Son and I are on really good terms with our local fertilizer dealer and his comment was: "Here's what I have, we'll just have to figure out how to use it cause we're not getting any more". Most of our fertilizer was applied last fall so we're sitting good on that but I didn't get everything done and the result is a 50% reduction in application rate due to cost. While I'm only limiting production by maybe 20% (because I've been staying on top of soil fertility), others who have been barely keeping up are going to come up much shorter when they have to cut back this year.

Every piece and parcel of this difficulty is related to the germ warfare used to facilitate the theft of the 2020 Presidential election and other treasonous actions that followed.