In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Polish MIGs, Biden fails test

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

Why would Poland request that their MIG-29s go through Ramstein AFB prior to release to Ukraine?

Obviously Ukrainian pilots could pick them up in Poland.

Perhaps those of you with a deeper knowledge can edjucamate me, but the only answer I can come up with that makes good sense is that Poland made the offer to gauge how committed the US of A is to human life and freedom.

If this was the case, we have failed, and Poland and the Baltics, as well as Putin have taken notice.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

I have been scratching my head on this ever since I read about it.

My only relevant thought was that it was a test given by Poland to see just how much involvement the US is willing to get into with this invasion.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

I'm wondering why Biden has any say as to Polish Migs going to Ukraine via Germany. I know that Ramstein is a US base but it's on German soil.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

+100, one could say also Putin watched intently the debacle that Brandon pulled off in Kabul. All those Weapons of War fell into the enemy's hands while Brandon checked his watch as Old Glory passed by on Seven Coffins. Putin gathered his Generals together and came up with a Battle Order. The Pres. of the USA is a Paper Tiger Putin thought and he struck while the iron was hot.

Meanwhile Xi is watching Putin intently and Brandon's every action because he knows also that timing and circumstances are critical if he decides to invade Taiwan.

Meanwhile Rocket Man is taking all this in and thinking seriously about crossing the 38th Parallel into S. Korea.

Putin is holding the World Hostage with his ICBM's and Brandon has BLINKED.

Sounds like Dominoes? -----------------------------Ray

My understanding is that if those Jets had made it to Ukraine Poland would have been helping the USA and Ukraine. They never made it. The USA stopped the transfer.-------Ray

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

It sounded like a bluff when Blinken stated the Mig deal would get a green light, Poland called the bluff, and the US reneged. Pretty predictable really. For years the Soviet Union was supplying North Vietnam with MIG aircraft, SAM's, and advisors during that war and there was no nuclear exchange. Nato is already supplying the Ukrainians with weapons so it's already "INVOLVED" plus Britain and France are also nuclear armed in addition to the US. Putin's implied threat is also a bluff, call it.

edited March 2022

Wifetrained. agree. Probably not on my best behaveoir today. Fighting 4" fresh snow drifting and 40mph winds on 150' dbl wide driveway and it is very cold.

I agree Sleepy Joe and his handlers are not treating us right. But there is a big difference between the way we are not being taken care of and the Mass Murder that is being committed in Ukraine by Putin. This guy and his Storm Troopers need to be taken out. I personally don't give a Rat's A who does it.

He is bombing schools, kindergartens, residential neighbor hoods and even churches. In many places he won't even allow refugees safe passage to other countries. He is even using weapons that are against the Rules of Engagement according to The Geneva Convention. There is no question that he is guilty of War Crimes.

Putin will not stop until he is stopped.-------------------------Ray

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

Poland borders Russia and it knows how easily it was overrun by Germany. They want to help Ukraine but not poke Russia in the eye with a stick. Running the Migs through a US base ads a bit of power to the gift. What Poland is ignoring is that the US is full of cowards unwilling to offend anyone.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

Maintenance capability at RS.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Russia is trying to drag the USA into the war and needs a reason to start WWIII. Bio chemical to come, lets see if that does it.

• 75l8275l82 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Do you think Biden has been weak on Putin. Maybe he should of shown more military might in the beginning instead of sanctions that do not seem to be slowing down Putin.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

This is the perfect situation to clamp down on a world using to much hydrocarbons in all sectors except for the military weapons manufacturing and exploding ordinance ! The US dollar is devaluing over 10% a year and the huge deficit budget will cost us more to float the cost of borrowing for all.

The poor and middle class will suffer here and The NWO politics will blame it all on Russia and Red China because of cov-19 and Ukraine war. It's another coup of issuing a crypto world central bank currency for all with no cash to maximize tax collections for all money transactions on buyers everywhere with the great re-set and New green deal.

serf

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

I have difficulty imagining any test above about the 3rd grade level that Biden could pass.