In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Has anyone questioned Putin's health?

sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

My bride and I have noticed that in recent photos of Putin, his face appears "puffy" and his neck might seem a little swollen. We've wondered if he might be undergoing treatment for some kind of autoimmune disease, blood disorder, liver disorder, etc and is being treated with prednisone, as these are some of the side effects of this often used drug. Anyone who's ever personally taken this medication, or knows someone who has, might know that it can, and often does, make the patient somewhat volatile. My wife has been prescribed prednisone on multiple occasions for lupus and it most certainly affects her like that. She becomes highly emotional, paranoid and feels like everyone is against her. It's hard to even carry on a conversation with her because SOMETHNG you say will be perceived as a personal attack or a criticism. She is so aware of how it affects her that she will no longer allow her doctors to prescribe it for her. There are other options with less side effects, though not as effective at treating her symptoms.

I'm not making excuses for the Russian madman, just wondering if something like this might play some part in his thinking, or lack thereof.

Arrivederci gigi

Comments

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Putin was a psychopath before any Hormone therapy.The communist both in Russia and China have used biological/chemical weapons before any invasions,China unleashed The Wuhan virus on the world and Russia unleashed nerve gas in Syria.

Western Capitalism governments thought they could tame Communist Dictators with wealth and consumers goods,While they racked in profits from investments in their countries while raising huge trade deficits here by buying their oil or consumer goods.

The USA abandon Iraq and afghanistan while letting opium growing to continue and letting Mexico import precursive chemicals for illicit drug trade and opening the southern border to illegals for decades and killing hundreds of thousands of Americans.

serf

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

He looks that way because he is being blamed for all the problems in the USA caused by Joe Biden.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

There is nothing medical that, IMO, can explain Putin's actions. His entire political life has been devoted to re-constituting as much of the former Soviet Union as is possible. He may actually fear a regime change invasion or action by NATO. He may just be using it as an excuse.

Does the why matter? Yes and no. If he is unstable, Our reactions can lead to something truly stupid and tragic. Do we let this fear guide us?

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Could be from some Judo chops

• hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭

Not the only that Noticed Putins Physical changes.

My wife mentioned , how puffy his face was. I put it down to lack of excersice and sleep. but yes i could be side effects of medication.

Maybe if he is on the wayout he wants to take every one else out too. Watch for the Nukes.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

He is not as nutty or crazy as the USA has right now.

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭

My wife is Russian and spends a lot of time talking to family members and friends in Russia. There is a lot of speculation among the Russian people about Putin's health.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

I hope the same thing happens to him that happened Ras-putin.

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

I read that putin was undergoing treatment for a thyroid condition.

Joe