In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Obama was right!!!

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

As I was reading my favorite news sites today and looked at all the articles explaining our current problems in this country, I had an epiphany! High gas prices, out of control borders, crime surge, high inflation, massive deficit spending, etc..., all made me realize that Obama was right about one thing, and one thing only in his 8 loooonng years in office.

His only words of wisdom were;

Never underestimate Joe's ability to f**k things up!

Even a total failure as president warned the dems how bad it would be and they didn't listen. It looks like the republicans will take over the house and senate in 6 months and I pray we can last that long before someone starts to plug the holes in our leaky ship. Bob

Comments

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

But you got change with Democrats in power but realize President Reagan was the in office when we went to being a debtor nation from being a creditor nation before.Then we got Bush sr. and then Clinton and Red China and all those free trade agreements. But Bush jr. was the worst with 9/11 and the patriot acts and invading Iraq and Afghanistan!

You gotta love it because you can't leave it and if you do repatriate to another country they still can tax you!

serf

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

we must prevail at any cost

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭

You are correct. Speaking the truth is no longer permitted!!

• chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Obama championed the war on coal and oil, and dementia Joe is merely tagging along.

Here in Montana, we are sitting on ( a conservative estimate ) of more than 119 billion tons of coal, which is about 8% of the entire world's reserves.

One of the west's largest coal fired power plants in Colstrip was finally shutdown because federal regulations made it prohibitively expensive to upgrade and modernize. Of course, this made the 'save the planet' people giddy with joy, but unthoughtful about where Western Energy was going to get power to supply it's customers.

Meanwhile, I see the mile long trains of coal leaving the Signal Peak Mine headed for the coast to it's final destination in China, while gas, diesel, and home energy costs go up, up, up.

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

No doubt the policies are moronically stupid but make no mistake, they are deliberate.

• dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

I know two females in our family that voted for him out of sheer hatred of DJT, but even now with the downward spiral they think Biden is the best thing since pockets on a shirt.

Funny, one of them was not an obamanite but DJT pushed her buttons I guess.

Mule

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

I am probably the only conservative Republican on here that really doesn't think the election was stolen by the dems. We were in a countrywide covid lockdown and 10s of millions of ballots were mailed to the voters. Millions of people who normally were too lazy to get out and vote were bored and voted. They did this to protect their govt handouts and that coupled with the anybody but Trump attitude was what elected Geriatric Joe. A record turnout because millions of people dependent on the govt voted last time that wouldn't have voted if they had to get off their butt and go to the polls. The dems knew this would happen and now are screaming at the top of their lungs that if we go back to normal voting that it is voter suppression. Face it, they out thought us on the voting issue/requirements last time but hopefully the states will put a stop to the unsolicited mail in voting. If someone is too lazy to go to the polling station or too lazy to request an absentee ballot then they aren't someone I want picking my politicians. Bob

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

Don't count on the Democrats loosing Congress in November. They have carefully honed their skills at cheating on elections. Their test case was when they won the Carolina primary yanking Biden from the bottom of the pack to front runner. That worked so well, they did it in half the states in November 2020. In spite of the evidence and protests, no legislative group, and no judicial including the Supreme Court gave a rat's hind end. Sorry, but we are stuck with Democrat control forever now.

• pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not quite ready to concede that just yet. The blue states will always be blue and the red's red. It is the half dozen "swing" states that have to be cleaned up. Conservatives have to get involved in those states. They have just as much right to participate in the process as the libs. Work at the polls during the elections. Report and document any red flags. Magic ballots don't just appear out of thin air. They have declared war on the country, you don't have to pick up a gun to fight back! I refuse to believe that liberals are smarter than conservatives More devious yes, smarter. NO!