In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

blind recommendations

wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭

Will be putting up a blind to bow hunt out of this fall, will be using a Mathews compound, any recommendations on a good one?

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭

What is the environment? Deciduous forest? Evergreen forest? Grasslands? What?

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******

There are a lot of nice ones out there.

The only ones that I have I've gotten them second hand.

If on private land and money is not an issue, the hard plastic ones look real nice.

• wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭

Dominantly oak and hardwood forest. It is on leased land and would be difficult to put up a hard blind because of the location. It was quite a bit of work clearing an old abandoned road to get to this area and it is on a long flat ridge. Only access is by atv/utv and one steep climb in the road. Looking for a good hub blind. Appreciate all the replies.

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭

I did my last one in the garage, then took it apart and hauled the 4 walls and roof,floor out in the utv. with the price of plywood nowdays you might go with the foamboard insulation, nailed to 2x4 frame it is light to haul and should be 1/4 the price. cut hole in side for window then I used old J-channel from siding to frame out window then hung plexiglass on string to pull up and down in J-channell. if you do the windows in the woods after setup you can set the window sill height as you need it with a desk chair to sit comfortably. one piece slanted for flat shed roof will keep 95% of the weather off you and should be under $150. I built mine on an old wooden pallet for a floor.

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******

The Rhino 360 blinds look awesome to me.

My biggest problem being either my ground blinds or the one I made on a trailer is not being able to see well.

This 360 has zero blind spots.

I'd also look for a blind that had horizontal windows to help with shooting a compound bow out of.

Good luck!