In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tri Star O/U setter issues with safety

lock stock and barrellock stock and barrel Member Posts: 88 ✭✭

bought a 3 yr old setter . took to the trap range and upper barrel was intermittant in firing and shells would not totally seat in extractor so when closing shell base would be pulled off of plastic ... ???? anything to look for ?? clean scrub, oil, grease...

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭✭

If I understand your post correctly the ejector is catching on the front of the shell base when loading. Are you sure it isn't an ammo problem? A slightly oversized or improperly sized base would cause that problem. The only other thing I would look at is the condition of the chamber. The shell should drop in easily and corrosion or dirt/plastic build up in the chamber could prevent that. I suppose you could have an out of spec ejector. With the barrel off does the ejector move freely? Does it protrude into the chamber when it is seated all the way? If it is an ejector problem it is probably best to call TriStar and talk to them. Bob

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭✭

You're welcome. Since your problem has me scratching my head, when you get it fixed please post and let us know what the actual problem was. Bob