In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Student Loan Debt Relief

NontypicalNontypical Member Posts: 27 ✭✭

Why should we, as parents who put three kids through college with one degree each, have to pay for some doofus with a worthless degree that will never make enough money to pay off their loans???

Our daughter went to vet school and is a very successful practicing veterinarian now a couple of years out of school. She has a little less than $300,000 in student loan debt, but has a good practice and is paying off her loans herself monthly,

How about it Brandon? Where's our check??

Comments

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Ummm.....HARD workers get NO check! You just pay, be quite, and be happy! Well, that's what THEY want anyways!

Congrats on your daughters commitment, good vets are hard to come by. Precisely because of they debt they HAVE to incur. LOTS and LOTS of college required to be a vet!

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******
    edited May 2022

I do not know how anyone else may feel about this but 300 grand to become a Veterinarian is downright shameful!! I have said this before but I think the cost of College tuition is just plain NUTS!! Todays Colleges are nothing more than money suction centers. That, along with liberal induction centers.

Strongly feel that working closely with a good vet for many years while earning a pay check and being hands on trained would make for a fine veterinarian. Same goes for most trades including "professional" careers.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

^^^^ I agree ^^^^

BUT, in order to be a licensed vet now a days, you HAVE to get the degree. Harder than a nurse, and some Dr degrees.

It is a SHAM what they charge! Not shame, but SHAM?

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭

The main problem (IMO) is your seventh word.

Why does everybody need a "license" to do anything?

What does their government issued license do for me?

Can I receive compensation from the government, if the licensed individual causes me harm?

I got into a similar discussion with a licensed electrician. It went something like this -

Why can't I pull a permit? - Because you are not licensed and have not received the training.

Who can pull a permit? - Only licensed individuals.

Why does a permit need to be pulled? - To inspect for faulty installation.

Why would there be faulty installation if only a licensed and trained individual performs the work? - [stop discussion - say "because that is the way system works"]

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭

BW you are correct about the colleges being suction centers as well as induction centers. Consider also when school dont getthe fact

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭

With the cost of housing off-scale high, get ready for DEMOCRAT promises for free rent.