In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Ocean fish numbers cut in half since 1970" ScientificAmerican.com

bitlockerbitlocker Member Posts: 299 ✭✭

Industrial over fishing , pollution, climate change ,etc.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously Dude??

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭

It would be easier to count leaves in the forest than fish in the ocean.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I only eat SPAM.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******

I'd say cans of SPAM on the shelves are about HALF of what they were merely 2 years ago. Climate change had absolutely nothing to do with it! Overfishing......well, sort of.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭

quite a few years ago the National Geographic sent a photo crew up and down the east coast .They visited ocean going charter ad head boat outfits that fished the gulf stream and the continental shelf .Many of the outfits had been in business for 40 or more years. All had scrapbooks of pictures of the catches made by anglers . You could chart the decline of fish numbers and size year by year . The first time i went deep sea fishing on the Carolina Princess out of Morehead city was in 1968 . If a grouper wasn't 10,or 12 lbs it was thrown back . Not unusual to come in with 30 or 40 fish per person . Now a good trip might yield 5 or 6 fish for each person .Same thing has happened with pier fishing .Some days it just ain't worth going

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....