In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Put a band aid on it

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

The bleeding has to stop eventually in the stock market.

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭

Band-Aid will not work, the cancer affecting the stock market as well as the economy needs to be voted out.

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,311 ******

Yeah well, if if don't stop soon some of us won't be able to afford Band-Aids...

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

The market can be negatively effected by lots of things and usually rebounds and comes back stronger than ever. Unfortunately, this time it is our own government causing the problem. Remember those 16 prize winning economists that geriatric Joe is fond of quoting stating that the inflation would only be minor and go away quickly and how extravagant government spending won't cause problems. I don't think there will be much relief until fall when hopefully a bunch of changes happen due to the election. Making Joe a harmless lame duck president for the next 2 years should be our goal. Bob

Edit to add - I find it strange that the gold and silver prices aren't doing much of anything. Usually when there is a big market sell-off the precious metal prices go up. Gold is pretty stagnant and silver is still way down from its high of $28 not that long ago.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭✭

Who wishes that we still had mean tweets!? Just sayin! Stock market AND economy were actually strong back then. Last couple of years the stock market only went up because it was PROPPED up by the govt! Like all other bubbles, this one to shall BURST!

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I got out after losing a lot and a I mean a lot of money in 2008. Decided to put my money in real estate..hard assets . It worked out better than I could have imagined. I feel for their hardship but still no excuse to trust some expert where to put the money. IF they are so smart how come they didn't see this coming? Just think about that .

Real estate! You better be getting ready to sell that SOON!!!

edited May 2022

Rental properties are hot right now and inflation proof. Inflation goes up..raise the rents. In retirement now with only a few left , some being listed next week. Will most likely keep a couple or so for pocket money from rents. l am always in the market for a flip home if it can be bought cheap.

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,311 ******

Pretty sure you will get a chance at some cheap real estate soon enough, the current bubble can only last so long...

^^^^^this^^^^^

But if they are rentals, and you can find someone who can actually PAY the rent, then all is good. It's once they decide not to pay that the problems really begin!

Lots of people bought real estate to resell and make $. Those days are about gone, once mortgage rates go up to 20-30% then real estate will plummet but rentals will be strong!

since the economy runs about 9 months behind , figuring by spring folks will start falling behind on payments and by next fall foreclosures will start.. then about 6 more months the economy will be terrible with CC debt leading the way. Time to buy some cheap cheap mortgage foreclosures.