In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WTB Bren Ten 10mm magazine

Want to buy a Dornaus and Dixon - Bren Ten 10mm auto magazine. Might consider other items such as grips or factory box too.

Thanks.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.

Comments

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Dude good luck. Say were you one of those people who bought the gun and had to wait for the magazine to be sent through the mail? Like when Lucus sold cardboard images of "Star Wars" figuring one Christmas.

You might have to buy a gun that has a magazine for the magazine. I recall they didn't make even enough for their guns made. If they worked at all.

There was a magazine article on how to mod magazines to "work". I recall they had a slab of steel welded to the magazine or something like that. Kind a like the same odds of factory magazine VS. home made.

Edit.

I was bruising through a Gun Digest (91 or 92) today and came across a Peregrin Industries' Falcon looked just like Bren10. I don't know if they bought them out and started to make the knock offs? They may be more rarer than Bren10 magazine but maybe they made a bunch of them?

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭

Thanks Yosh. I am going to need a little of it for sure. I bought (half-down) an original Bren Ten standard model when it was released but I had them wait to ship the entire gun until it had a magazine. It was ~$900 then.

I bought a Special Forces Light (SFL) ~7 years ago which is the all silver version and it has a magazine and I have found one other, but it turned out to not work hardly at all. The original that came with the gun works fine. I'd like to buy another Bren Ten pistol too, particularly the Special Forces Dark (SFD) which is the all blued version. I am afraid they may be priced out of my grasp now.

Peregrin Falcon never released to my knowledge.

I wish someone would release a modern Bren Ten, or simply a clone of it. They really are "the ultimate combat pistol" as Jeff Cooper put it. If they could have stayed open, I think that would be true. There were some initial bugs, then the magazine scarcity and other PR nightmares, but a full power 10mm with 10 +1 round capacity in a slim, nicely balanced pistol is a great combo. These feel great in my hands. They are slightly wider than a 1911, but not by much at all. Certainly not as thick as a true double-stack.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • magman55775magman55775 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭

i have checkerd walnut grips and some extra medallions listed on GB now.