In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scary safety problem

HwallbangerHwallbanger Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Ask the Experts

I had this post on in November.... I bought a Churchill 30-06 with a Timney trigger ,if you happen to pull the trigger just a little and then release the safety the fireing pin falls, scary . What is wrong ,Thanks.   November 2021

Mobuck wrote ... "AGAIN, is the safety part of an aftermarket trigger (Timney or Bold or ??) or is this a safety that engages the cocking piece/striker?????????????????????????" I don't know the answer ,,,I did take it to a gunsmith & he said it didn't have a safety on the Timney trigger,,I ordered an original Mauser trigger and installed and it still goes off if you pull the trigger a little ways and release the safety. Sorry I'm so stupid .

Comments

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******

Well not saying you are stupid, I would question your choice in a gunsmith maybe... My first question is why are you doing this? i.e. pulling the trigger "a little and then releasing the safety"? if you pull on the trigger with the safety engaged and it doesn't fire to me it seems to be working but from what I understand from your post you are asking a mechanical device to work even when you turn if off while pulling a trigger even just a little? I'm no expert on either the rifle in question or the Timney trigger but the way you describe it sounds like an answer would be Don't do that! Sorry not trying to be an * just maybe I don't see the issue based upon your statements...

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Are you keeping pressure on the trigger while releasing the safety!? If so, that's the problem. I assume that is NOT what you are doing.

I assume you are pulling the trigger while on safety, then releasing the trigger, then placing on fire, then the weapon fires. If that is the case, take it back to the gunsmith and make him/her fix it. If they cannot, then find another gunsmith!

• Options
    HwallbangerHwallbanger Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭

Kind a reminds me of the Remington issue.

This discussion has been closed.