In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Primers, yea I got some

When I started shooting and reloading powder was $10.00 a pound or $3.00 for surplus. Primers were 10 bucks a thousand. Now powders are $40-50 a pound, primers have gone insane. I got 5,000 small pistol and 5,000 small rifle, both Federal, from Shooting sports USA $1,300 later I have my 10,000 primers. My how things have changed.....and not for the better.

Comments

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

As long as we are willing to pay 13 cents apiece for primers, it's doubtful that they will come down very much.

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with Ambrose,if we keep paying it,they will keep charging it.

• XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come up with a "REALISTIC" answer to why we suddenly have this lack of reloading supplies ? We've gone from producing millions of units per day to almost nothing...WHY ?

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

The production has never been higher. The demands for guns and ammo have far outpaced the ability of the manufacturers to supply the items. Hoarding during the scare times hurt, demand for new guns and factory ammo was insatiable, and military ammo demands hit hard, all at once.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭

Can a brother take out a loan or put them on lay away?

• KronyKrony Member Posts: 303 ✭✭

I just bought my first primers last week since 2019. Paid $90 for 1000 CCI 550s, had to go Magnums as CCI 500s not available. Will use them to get back into reloading after a while away. Back in 2019 $35 was typical for 1000 primers...those were the days.

I've shot a lot less the past 3 years. Local club has done a lot of matches with 50 rounds. I have a lot of 9mm Tula I bought at $7/box of 50...out of principal have refused to pay ridiculous prices last few years. Been hoping prices would eventually correct.