In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

VINTAGE CATTARAUGUS/KINFOLKS FIXED BLADE KNIVES

COPPER TOPCOPPER TOP Member Posts: 209 ✭✭

😀 Hi, 05/23/2022

Looking for folks that have knowledge that they might share on the above listed knives.

Thanking you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

ALWAYS ALL THE VERY BEST

SAMMIE DOUAN

Comments

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

I have a small collection of Cattaraugus 225Q's and a couple of Kinfolk sheath knives. I must admit I have never investigated the manufacturing history of either. The 225Q was a good rough duty knife in the woods but I found a folding saw more useful.

• thorhammerthorhammer Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Kinfolks made the 2nd rarest M1 Carbine bayonet at a 119,000, and Aerial just a fewer less at 91,000.

• COPPER TOPCOPPER TOP Member Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi, All 05/24/2022

Thanks for the replies, I have a what I think is an early CATTARAUGUS fixed blade hunting knife w/2 piece STAG scales held in place w/4 brass pins & a bone saw made into blade on top at the guard & the only markings on it are ( C3 ) at the guard. I know that CATTARAUGUS used that stamp in early production & that KINFOLKS made many fixed blade knives for them & also CASE/ROBESON. I have looked at many of the older blades, but have found only 1 with the 4 pin scales & about the same blade shape, but there was no information with it.

ALWAYS ALL THE VERY BEST

SAMMIE DOUAN