In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I think we are in trouble

JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭

In the true spirit of "Never let a good crisis go to waste" the gun grabbers have the public whipped into a frenzy. Emotions are going to drive change and I am not sure there is anything we can do about it.

People I have known for years who were ambivalent about guns have suddenly turned anti gun.

While I am sickened but the tragedy in Texas just as I am sure you all are I fear the long reaching impact on our society is not going to be in the name of freedom.

I would not be surprised to see an attempt to amend the US Constitution.

formerly known as warpig883

Comments

• DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭

There are already conservatively 20,000 state and federal gun control laws on the books. 20,000, each with $ millions attending their creation, enactment and enforcement. There is a reason Don McClean just withdrew from singing at the Houston NRA convention, and that reason is a growing mindset in this country. Fact is, we as gun owners have been in trouble even before the 1968 Gun Control Act.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Mike has hit the nail on the head.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

That is a good reason to buy what you "want/need" now. Guns and ammo.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"While I am sickened but the tragedy in Texas just as I am sure you all are I fear the long reaching impact on our society is not going to be in the name of freedom."

The most 'sickening' part is this may just be part of the 'agenda'. It's hard to believe that there actually are people(?) who feel that a 'small sacrifice' in order to promote an agenda is acceptable.

• RidefarRidefar Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

The problem is the 24/7 media giving the scumbag perp what they want, notoriety.

They need to be denegrated to the fullest extent possible, not given a platform.

Show a steaming pile with the perps name next to it and that is forever what they will be known as.

Local first term republican congressman, who was at the last gun show in town shaking hands is now talking anti and he is done as far as I am concerned.

• bitlockerbitlocker Member Posts: 299 ✭✭

just bunt any reaction to these stunts.

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

biden says the 9mm is abad powerfull round that can blow your lung right out of the body time for a 10mm or just the good ol 45

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Imagine the impact of putting that image in the minds of parents,,,,

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭

When will they blame crazy instead of guns?

• 62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭

I gotta say.........

Criminals should be in prisons..............or, in extreme circumstances, underground.

Nut Bars should be in nut houses.........criminal or otherwise.

What is debatable..........or maybe not.........is that 2.2 TRILLION dollars and 40 BILLION dollars would go a very loooooong way towards accomplishing the above two items.

This may seem to be a gross oversimplification of "our situation"............so be it......I can live with it.

Only my $0.02..........and perhaps many others.

There.......I feel better now.

• Hannah Hannah Member Posts: 1

I agree…having been in high school when Columbine took place and now the ones that were in Columbine are sending their children to the very same school, it sickens me years later to know that all of these were red flags probably before I was even born. 38 years of age now female with high functioning autism and if I can see common sense there’s no reason others cannot. What’s sad is that in my state because I have autism I am not allowed to purchase or transfer a gun.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Welcome to the forums @Hannah

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Doctors are making elderly people draw analogue clocks at a certain time also remember 3-5 words and wait 3 minutes to have you repeat them. Just refuse these tests or find a another doctor or turn in your firearms. The big brother is everywhere now and the sooner you realize it the better.

serf

i was reading history of Shays Rebellion and how it led to the Constitutional Convention and Federalism.

You might be right.

• tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Buy what you need , now.

When did Noah build the ark?

don’t be mad at me when I sell some psa’s and 3 pmags for $3k soon!

im a little skeptical regarding the gun violence reported since

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

they do not want to protect the kids or the 999.99% of the general population its all about control just like all the other country's that rule the people .

the left can not stand the 2nd amendment and even some of the right

its amazing to think the founding fathers had such foresight to know what was going to happen and for the most part covered about any thing that could come in and sadly even where we at today with all the BS laws and taxes they would have already been shooting ant tossing tea in the harbor ( or politicians 😁 )

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭

I have said that constantly. I think the main reason for the rise of these shootings is many of these people are suicidal. Where previously they would suck it up and deal with things, or if they couldn't, then seek help. Lacking those, they would 'check out' on their own. Now, anyone that feels this way that also feels they have been wronged even in the slightest want to go out in a blaze of glory with their name known.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

It is rather interesting that these "mass shootings" draw so much attention............but 20-30 thugs in Chitcago kill each other every weekend and no one bats an eye...........Baltimore...........Philadelphia...........New Orleans.............the list of inner city killings in black on black crime goes on..............gangs and drugs..........liberal DA's have a revolving door for these repeat offenders, letting them out time and time again because they are "disadvantaged persons of color"............they are the victims of systemic racism so we can't be too hard on them. San FranSicko is now un-liveable because of open air drug markets.....and human feces litters the sidewalks alongside used needles..........nevermind the CASTRO district 😡 which is an area of totally deviant behavior. Let's teach all our kids that girls can be boys and boys can be girls and pronouns don't matter, but, God forbid you call someone the wrong pronoun........it's sexual assault.

Smash and grab robberies by disadvantaged people are just "getting theirs". It's reparations don't you know. Insurance will cover the damage. BLM riots are forgiven........because of the oppression suffered by the downtrodden.

I could go on about it............but simply, gentlemen..........our country is broken. Yes.....WE ARE IN TROUBLE.

For * sake, the Marine Corps posted some LGBTQRS crap on their official website with a helmet that had rainbow colored bullets recognizing "queers" in their ranks, celebrating "pride" month.

Yes...........WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE.

I'm not even going to start on the current "Uncle Joey from Scranton" administration............that is a whole 'nother 2 or 3 pages............maybe an encycloedic series of books..............................YUP...........WE ARE IN TROUBLE ALRIGHT

Just hope the populace wakes up and shellacs the opposition in November. But I am losing faith in my fellow countrymen.

• John J StimsonJohn J Stimson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

I think that is the old test. The new test is not as complex and does not include those components based on my last test earlier this year.

The test is not firearms related.