In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just had a flat tire...son came to help me. Bonnie Tyler, I Need A Hero, was playing on the radio

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭

Some days, everything falls into place perfectly.

I had a flat tire, not far from the house. My son is off work because of the holiday and lives nearby so I gave him a call. He got there just in time.....Bonnie Tyler's I need a hero was playing as he started to put air in my tire.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭

you ran all the air out of your tire? you are traveling entirely too much.

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭

Exactly!!! I got 3 miles down the road before I noticed the orange crap on the dash telling me there was a problem.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

"He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast

And he's gotta be fresh from the fight..."

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭

funny how some times karma plays with us .

when I was 18 headed to my GF house on a Friday night it was raining ,hard and cold ,

at that time I would stop and help any body and helped a lot of people and pick up ever hitchhiker I passed , no way now

any way about 1/2 to my GF house I noticed a car with its flashes on and two old ladies with a flat tire just sitting in the car ( funny now I am there age they were then )

so I turned around to go help (this was way before cell phones and in a couple miles from any house ) at the time I had hair way past my shoulders maybe that scared them any way as I got close the driver rolled down her window about 1" ( that's correct one inch ) I said I will change your tire if you have a spare all the time getting a soaking , she never rolled down the window any further, she passed the keys thur the small gap in the window ,, I just grinned to my self went ahead changed her tire by now I was soaking/ dripping wet and dirty form the mud and tires . so I passed her keys back thru the 1" slot she had gave me in the window 😁 and she said oh wait young man please take this for helping us she had two quarters in her fingers sticking out of the window 😝.. looking back now I was polite I said thanks I am good no money just being helpful . maybe she thought .50 cents was a good price to pay some one to get muddy 😲 and soaking wet 😐️change a tire in the middle of no where🤨 for her .. oh well it was my one good deed for that month but I remember the .50 cent offer the most ☹️

and i kept a change of clothes at my GF parents house where I was headed so I did not mind so much but they ( her family ) though I was a nut for stopping and helping

You are such a sweetie. Its amazing to think of how different things were just a little time ago.

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭

As my wife and I were leaving Lowe's last week, there was a woman and a boy about 10-12 years old trying to put two big lawn chairs in their Honda sedan. I told my wife they were never going to get that done, and to ask if they were going very far. She came back and let me know they didn't live far, so we loaded them in my pickup and followed them home. I just couldn't NOT do it! Made the wife proud of me, too! (I can always use some Brownie points at home!) 😎

• dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭

Over the years I have pulled people out of snowdrifts, helped with flats and just last summer we hauled a gal 50 miles both ways to Shoshoni Wyoming to get gas, she had left Casper with 1/4 of a tank, a very learning experience for Wyoming travel for her.

I do this in hopes that karma comes around when the Bride is traveling and pulling horse trailers around and the inevitable flat or roadside problems pop up.

But my most memorable was I was around 20 and traveling across Salt Pass on the south end of Star Valley in western Wyoming in January headed north for Alpine or Jackson when I came across a big Oldsmobile spun out sideways in the middle of a near switchback. An elderly man, his wife, two late middle aged daughters and their husbands. The road had six or 8 inches of fresh snow on top of ice. They were dressed in suits and dresses but were trying to no avail to push it.

I stopped my 4wd to lend assistance finding out that the older folks were originally from Star valley and were coming up from Salt Lake to attend a funeral.

I attempted to pull them but I spun out, so I got out to throw my “iron “ on or chain up and the elderly man said he had chains but he was too crippled to put them on and his Salt Lake City raised SIL’s didn’t have a clue how to put them on, so he opened the trunk, I grabbed the chains and in a few minutes had them on and ready to move out.

I told them I would follow them across the pass and when they got to the bottom, I’d remove the chains which I did.

He offered me money which I turned down, but the best payment was the digging comments he made to his SIL’s about knowing basics of winter travel and having and using tire chains.

Kasey, I’m glad your son was close by to lend assistance.

Mule