In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Movies I thought I had but didn't.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭

I was reading either Recoil or Ballistics where the movie "Full Metal jacket" was mentioned as well as R. Lee Ermey had a wright up. So I thought why not watch "Full Metal Jacket". I went a looking and for the life of me I couldn't find it. Then I had a sit down where it could be. For a little while when I come a war based movie I put them in a milk crate. Anyways it wasn't there. So maybe I never had it? The movie was so memorable but when I was having a think I couldn't remember if there was a director's commentary or how the movie began. Gives me an excuse to buy it in Blu Ray?

So luck would have it in the mail I got "Dracula Dead And loving It" which wasn't in the Mel Brooks collection I bought a while ago. Or "The Producer" which I'll have to get to add to the collection. Back to Dead and Loving it. Came across a stunner named Lysette Anthony who played "Lucy". She looked like young Sarah Brightman. I'll have to imdb her filmography.

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******

Full Metal Jacket is a must have, I think.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******

I often run into the same type problems with hard copy movie ownership. I have used our local library for several years picking up free movies to watch and having an entire week to return them.

A lot of those same films become stuck in my head as being in my fairly large collection. Takes me a very long time sorting through them to learn........I don't have them.

I have also been known to buy a movie that I think came from the library. Only to find out I have just purchased another copy of one I already have!! 😫

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭

I was up late a couple of weeks ago and watched Full Metal Jacket again.If you have been there done that ,the movie will make you laugh and make you cry.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭

not sure how many movies we have on VHS and dvd / blue ray

but all the free channels have spoiled me just about any movie from any year and every variation of type is just a matter of scrolling and a little searching .

I also think back as a kid every time I watch a movie now I think back yep😁 two tv stations and both on any given day picture was fuzzy and lines and snow but if you squint you can see them LOL on a good day the old black and white shows came thru some waht clear

• Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Missed most of a John Wayne movie 'Cowboys' the other day on the free tv. Last night I find it in my, homemade, JW. DVD book. Woohoo the language was different in 1972 and was a never seen movie especially this version.