In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Handguns outlawed in Canada?

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe..just maybe some criminals will go to Canada since it will be easier for them to rob, rape and plunder.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭✭

And then the bull snot rolls downhill to America. Hope y'all are really ready! Gonna be a giant mess near my neck of the woods!

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

More like a NWO edict under U.N. leadership. Small arms must be regulated under U.N. treaties. If Biden could pass it here he would in an instant.

serf

Canada will become a State Party to the UN Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) on September 17, 2019. As per Canada’s practice for all international treaties, Canada will be fully compliant with all its obligations upon accession to the ATT. 

To ensure full compliance with the ATT, the Government of Canada therefore introduced Bill C-47, which amends the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) to establish controls on brokering of military items and to incorporate directly into Canadian law the assessment criteria laid out in the ATT, along with other amendments to further strengthen Canada’s export controls. Bill C-47 received Royal Assent on December 13, 2018.

Global Affairs Canada (GAC) subsequently consulted Canadians on the accompanying regulatory framework and then drafted a package of six regulations to fully implement Canada’s obligations under the ATT. These regulations were pre-published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, for 30 days from March 16 to April 15, 2019. Global Affairs Canada carefully reviewed all submissions received during this public consultation period and amended the regulations accordingly.

Below is a summary of the changes that will be made to Canada’s export controls program once Bill C-47 and its related regulations enter into force on September 1, 2019.

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

Well, the canuks voted him into office, ya get what you vote (and pay) for!! I have no sympathy.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I seen a broad cast from there dictator people target shoot and hunt but " no one is allowed" to use a gun in self defense in Canada