In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"activist" judge ruling by their opion instead of law

Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

"A man acquitted last month on grounds of self-defense in the shooting death of a University of Toledo football player after a fight at a Toledo pizza restaurant nearly two years ago has been sentenced to nine to 12 years for three extra shots he fired."

"Judge Joe McNamara said during Friday’s sentencing that Mitchell displayed “an immense disregard for human life.” He also decried “a horrible proliferation of guns in our community and every community across America.”

Wonder what the higher courts will think of this!

Comments

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,348 ******

Personally I hope they overturn this ruling and sanction the Judge although the Jury did find him guilty of a so-called crime... from the article: "But jurors convicted Mitchell of another count of felonious assault for firing what Mitchell said were “warning shots” at the fleeing Douglas and at least two pedestrians."

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭

Almost every elected office does the same thing there personal views over ride any laws

They think in my opinion To heck with any constitution and laws this is how I want it

Look at all the DA's who refuse to prosecute even the worst crimes

Our country is /well has-been flushed down the toilet criminals rule

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭

Kind a reminds me never to answer honestly if asked why I shot 7 rounds from my 1911.