In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hallalewyer!

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Had an ortho appointment today. I have been pronounced healed and no longer in need of PT. Go back at the end of the year for the one year post surgery checkup.

I impressed them with my recovery time. I'm just happy I didn't bugger it up again. I have been told that many peeps tear their rotator cuff before it heals and have to repeat the surgery.

I will say I had heard the horror stories so I followed doctor's orders, did my PT and took it easy on the shoulder by not overdoing it. The complete hamstring tear surgery had nothing on the rotator cuff.

As I recovered from the hamstring I still had full range of motion. I could walk on it as soon as I was released to do so. I had no pain just three days after surgery. The cuff was a complete opposite.

Once out of the sling I couldn't even turn the steering wheel with my right hand/arm, shift the gears on the column or raise my arm to brush my hair. It wasn't painful. The arm just would not move in that direction. It was locked and through PT I had to slowly stretch everything to get full range of motion.

The pain after surgery on the cuff was manageable but lasted longer. I had to sleep in a recliner for about six weeks to get some rest. I didn't want to go through that again.

Comments