In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.357 Bullets in .350 Legend

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

We are loading for 5 rifles in .350 Legend. Has anybody tried bullets intended for the .357 magnum in the .350 Legend cartridge?

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't but remember reading this article when it came out;

.350 Legend Load Data - Shooting Times

Hope it helps. Bob

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

The .350 Legend is yet another recent new caliber that begs the question "Why?" With all the problems associated with this new cartridge, it certainly appears that the designers didn't do a very good job before rushing it to market.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭

The "WHY?" is just the typical attempt to circumvent archaic state regulations intended to make deer hunting 'safer'(mostly in the "I" states). Those regs don't take into account how many times a 'punkin ball' will bounce when fired across flat frozen ground.

From the comments I've heard, the 350 has 2x the range of shotgun slugs with 1/3-1/2 the recoil. When the 357 Maximum came out, it was discovered that some jacketed bullets suffered from the higher pressures against the bullet's base. No idea if this would/will happen with similar bullets in the 350 but considering this is a 50K pressure cartridge, it's possible. For low end plinking loads, maybe OK.

• GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

I have used 357/38 bullets in a 35 whelen, reduced loads though.