In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MOSSBERG 640 series guys

GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭

I have one in 22 mag. and the magazine (replacement) does not "lock" in place. I put it in and close the bolt and the mag will push back down and does not secure in any position. Mag problem? and how do they seat in the rifle? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

When the mag is fully seated the spring latch should snap under the two guide ribs on the magazine. Look very closely at how these two pieces interact (may need a magnifying glass). Possible the guide ribs are too long. If so , file them down a little, being careful that the mag will feed properly. Good luck.

• Options
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭✭

Make sure you are using a Mossberg Magazine. Check the Retainer and make sure it is not bent. forward or aft..

The Savage 93 magazine in 22 magnum is close and will act in the manner you are describing.

The Savage magazine can be altered sightly to work. File a bit off the bottom of the rails until it locks in place.

Mossberg will have the rail weled in the back of the magazine. Savage is all part of the magazine.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Thank you both. It was an aftermarket guessing 3K and filed a little off the bottom about 1/20" and it functions fine now!. Learned something again. PLUS I found by accident a factory magazine at my best gunshop after they said look through the drawers of mags and it was not in the one it was supposed to be in. 😅