In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

armscor/ria 1911, 22 magnum

GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Hi. Am thinking of buying one or these, would appreciate any input from some owners.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭

I dont have the 22 mag,but I do have a RIA 1911 in 45 ACP and I can highly recommend them.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't shot it much, but the XTM 22 mag works fine.

• Options

Thanks. I watched broomstick 779s review on the 22 mag.

Think I will pass on the 22 mag. Will look for a revolver

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭

A few years ago I bought an RI 22TCM Target pistol........nice gun.

For a 22WMR revolver, I favor my S&W 648 6 inch.

Did I mention I really like 22 Magnums?? :)

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Most 22 WMRs with exception of the PMR 30 are unreliable. Ended up with a RIA NIB in a trade and it fired everything I put thru it with no malfunctions to include several mag dumps. Highly recommended here.

• Options

I have been told that the PMR 30s have had problems with the

firing pins breaking. One persons experience.

22 mag is a favorite of mine also.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a PMR right after they came out.....some issues that required it to be sent back to the factory. When I got it back they had fixed the issues and put a new barrel and sights on it. It has been 100 % reliable since then...

I am a .22 Mag junkie too...!!

• Options

My only complaint about PMR 30 is it will not function reliably with a red dot sight. Keltec said to go with heavier bullets. Tried with weights up to 50gr and still would not cycle. Tried both Burris and Vortex dots.

• Options

Thank you for posting this.....I was considering a Red Dot sight on mine...Maybe that project will die before I get started...

Have you tried Hornady 30 gr. They seem to have a little more push back in the recoil, so do Gold Dots...45 gr..

• Options

Yes, the lighter the bullet the more jams. Have tried the Speer 45s and FC 50s, 1/3 of the rounds will FTF or Jam.

I went the spring route and that didn't work. McCarbo is designing a new red dot mount which is more of a bridge that mounts to the frame and will allow the slide to work free of the red dot. Cant wait until they become available.

My PMR functions flawlessly without the mount.

Had the RIA 1911 an the range today and it never failed

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Forgot about my 6" AMT Lightning 22WMR.......that I put black target sights on long ago. They replaced the factory white-outline/red-ramp setup. Dang loud.......but fun!!

Reminds me of the 22LR AMT 10" heavy-barrel upper receiver, that went on my stainless Ruger MK2 lower. With a long eye relief Leupold 4X.......it was great frog medicine, when pick-up hunting farm ponds and stock tanks with my uncle........decades ago.

Seems that most all of the "trophy bulls" were on HIS side of the trunk. 😀

Good times and better memories.

• Options
  • Options

I remember the AMT 22 automag IIs from years ago. Have had range time with people that owned them and fired a number of them myself: Most everyone of them had problems and most everyone got rid of them. A guy wanting to trade his for my Ruger MK II which cost half of the what he paid for the automag II and I refused

There was a smith in the DFW area years ago that could get them to work for an extra hundred, but having to pay an extra hundred for a gun that cost a around three hundred or more at the time was unacceptable.

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭

The 'ads' shown - depict an 'regular' steel front sight --- nope --- plastic 'fire' sight. I have tried multiple times to get the sight depicted in the 'ads' - sent to me so I could have it installed without any success.

I have only put 4 magazines full through it - but there has never been any 'hiccup' of any kind - and it put them where you asked if you did your part.

Best Regards - AQH

• Options

Again thanks for all the input. Conflicting reports on reliability. Wish I knew how to make a bad one run good, because I like the 1911 style.