In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Firearms being shipped by UPS are Disappearing?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

What? A new gun control tactic being unleashed with shippers now soon The USPS will be next you think? Better have what you need by now comrades!

serf

https://www.theepochtimes.com/firearm-companies-say-packages-shipped-with-ups-being-damaged-disappearing-reports_4637172.html

Firearm Companies Say Packages Shipped With UPS Being Damaged, Disappearing

Patrick Collins, CEO of The Gun Food, an ammunition supply company, told the news outlet that many packages his business had shipped via UPS had mysteriously vanished in transit.

Specifically, Collins alleged that out of 18,000 rounds of ammunition that he’s shipped, only around a third—roughly 6,000—were actually delivered.

Collins said he was allegedly told by UPS that he was likely not packaging the shipments properly and that the company also noted an uptick in his recent claims regarding packages that are not being successfully delivered.

“They’re not even making it. And I don’t know what they are doing in the facilities if they are purposefully damaging them,” Collins said. “However, they are not making it to the customer.”

Comments

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭

My son is a UPS driver.They start out as package handlers.He said if you ship UPS pack it strong and carefully because of volume packages do not get the kid glove treatment.

• Options
    Tommy Red ShoesTommy Red Shoes Member Posts: 11

UPS hires thieves to "save money"... Wall St. parasite stockholders be happy... paying customers not so much.

• Options
    bitlockerbitlocker Member Posts: 299 ✭✭

When Ebay and other eCommerce started shipping in the '90s the Postal Inspectors did a great job of arresting the USPS clerks taking advantage of the up tic in shipping. Things like cell phones were disappearing then clerks were disappearing.

• Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

And some people want the postal service privatized

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭

add in ammo disappearing more often

one of the gun rights podcaster reported ammo is "getting lost " especially if its in a factory package with the manufactures name visible even more so . again go after the honesr people dont focus and lock up the crooks

it would so easy to send packages with tracers to find out who and when are taking them . automatic 10 yrs in prison no BS plea deals or liberal judges permitted to change a mandatory sentence or they go along for the 10 years also

gun owners even with 100 million or so of us are the cause of all the crimes just ask the left

II hope before I kick off every gun owner put aside there who cares not the guns I like mind set and joins together and tells the antigun side kiss off even if not in a polite way

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,673 ✭✭✭✭

There is no good choice over the others....the only thing better by using the private carriers is the insurance MIGHT get paid if there is a claim, but not likely.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭✭

I remember when the mandate for air shipments was put in place back in 1999, they said it was going to stop the theft of handguns. Yeah right, all it accomplished is screwing law abiding folks out more shipping fees. They are thieves at the corporate level, just as much as the clowns stealing packages.

• Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Defund the police, demoralize the workforce, and decriminalize crime…who’d a thunk lotsa chit would end up getting “lost in transit”?

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭

Well, when you ship guns or ammo, you might as well attache a big label saying "CONTAINS A GUN" or "CONTAINS AMMUNITION." The long narrow, heavy box certainly isn't containing curtain rods. And ammo has that special logo on it that screams "AMMUNITION" to anybody who is in the know. No wonder they get stolen.

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

I've always thought this too. And, the logic that a person shipping to an FFL needs to go overnight, but FFL to FFL handguns can go regular shipping speed (at the MUCH lower rate)

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

It's been many years since I bought bulk ammo...........like 5 or 6.............back when it was cheap. I never had an issue with UPS except that sometimes I wasn't home and they would leave it outside the door (I live in an apartment, but never had any of it stolen)...........or, I wasn't home and I had to go pick it up at the hub.

I guess things have changed.

I am pretty well situated, so I'm not worried.