In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

" I like to help the Law whenever I can, but I lost those two in the lake this morning when my kayak flipped over."

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited July 2022

I'm amazed that the agents and the State trooper have time for this nonsense. To put it in perspective, I am a Class 3 dealer in Florida and I have been inspected exactly one time- when I arrived and had requested that My FFL be changed from California to Florida.

My ATF compliance inspector was a very attractive young woman who I was looking forward to seeing every year. Well, I never saw her, or any inspector again.

I remember that when she said she'd approve the new FFL, she added, "You've been licensed (1985) longer than I've been alive."

Am I really that old?

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

Interesting story, I wonder if anything will come of it...

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭✭

NO....I would NOT comply. Add this to the ATF doing "audits" in dozens of Missouri counties and it shows they are getting ready for confiscations.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

Like I always do when law enforcement comes to my door, I would ask to see the warrant, and ask what crime I am suspected of committing.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Tommy Red ShoesTommy Red Shoes Member Posts: 11

In FL/TX/Free States there is no law, statute, or ordinance that says the firearms you "possess" have to be in your home... or place(s) of business... or vehicle(s)... or boat(s)... or aircraft(s)... or storage unit(s)... or ANY particular place at any designated time, and certainly not for the convenience of the po-pos.

The implied crime here is that he's a "straw man" purchaser, merely because he purchased (gasp) TWO whole rifles in a single visit to the found-nowhere-in-The-US-Constitution FFL... so I'd tell them "I am not missing any firearms, and I already played show-and-tell at the FFL CONTROLLED BY YOU, so unless you have in custody, a firearm on that list, leave my property, and have a nice day..."

I mean this is friggin' THOUGHT CRIME territory... brought to you, ironically, by the botched "Fast & Furious" folks!

PS: notice Duh ATF brought a always-political "Statie" with them, and not the more accountable and tuned-in County Sheriff/Deputies.

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

ATF is already sending letters to people who bought the Franklin Armory FRT trigger and the Big Daddy Unlimited WOT trigger and had classified them as machine guns. You will eventually get a visit from ATF on these. Franklin Armory destroyed customers info after they shipped but Stamps.com their shipper did not. In addition there was a seller on GB who was selling these triggers and his list is in ATF hands. At the moment they are just sending letters saying they need to be destroyed. How the hell ATF is getting away with this is ridiculous as these triggers were legal to buy. If you want to know more you can watch all the videos on YouTube by Washington Gun Law channel. He’s a lawyer that goes into depth on this and these fishing expeditions by ATF.