In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WTB: Hornady #45207 300 gr. .452

On the hunt for a friend. He really likes these in his muzzle loader but Hornady discontinued them. If anyone has a box or two for sale or knows where to point me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭

I know it is not what you want - but a suitable substitute might work. It has been a fairly long time - but there was some Blue Falcon Bullets - paper patched - I guess intended for loading brass cases on the GunBroker auction side - but they worked for SOME muzzle stuffers as well. 300 grains - 8/9 hardness.

Maplewood Bullets sells on the auction side - but may not have exactly what you want up on auction - but he can do custom work if he has the molds and can cast to the hardness you specify. Everything I have ever gotten from him has been top drawer.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=1632963&PageSize=48

Best Regards - AQH

• Wease01Wease01 Member Posts: 216 ✭✭

Thanks for your input, Steve. My friend is pretty adamant in his search at the present time but if it becomes fruitless, he will have to find an alternative when it becomes necessary. He will keep your suggestion on the back burner and thanks you. Stay safe and well.

• AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭

I know that you probably checked all the sources that I did:

Midway - BassProShops - Sportman's Warehouse - the 'e'-place (all 8 pages looking for the right 'empty-box') - Muzzle-Loaders.com - MuzzleLoadingBullets.com - BuffaloArms.com - Cuttingedgebullets.com - Midsouthshooterssupply.com - ThorBullets.com (their 'Lightening' were very good looking - but all were 50 caliber) - Track of the Wolf - and directly to the source - Hornady Manufacturing - 1-800-338-3220 - every shop they suggested.

There is no joy in 'Mudville' - unless you can find some on the shelf of a shop in some place like Pennsylvania - this is going to be an exercise in futility.

Best Regards - AQH

And I thank you sir for going to all that trouble. Yes, I did check all those sites and then some and got the same results you did. My friend and I are resigned to the fact that we will have to find some unsold on a shelf somewhere. We've got friends from Maine to Florida checking. By the way, I'm still using the Mississippi hot sauce you introduced me to nineteen years ago when we met at the gun show in Ocala.

• XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭

I have 2 boxes of 50 each unopened of exactly what you are looking for. Left over inventory from my closed gun shop. LMK if you

found any yet

Exactly what I'm looking for. PM sent to you.

Thank you Commander but my friend has been pretty adamant in what he is looking for and XP100 has located several boxes. Now if only I was lucky enough to locate a few more boxes........................😉😊.