In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Holosun red dot

SoldarSoldar Member Posts: 2

I have a used Holosun 507c red dot with the battery compartment located on the bottom. I need to change the battery but I am without the special spanner wrench that will take the battery cap off. I have tried calling Holosun customer support, but they do not answer.I have tried emailing them, but their website keeps telling me I have the wrong email address.( I guess I don’t know my own email address.) Can anybody tell me how to get that battery cap off without a wrench, or tell me where I can purchase said wrench? Right now the red dots does me absolutely no good. Thanks

Comments

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

I was bored so i did a little research and found these suggestions on some other forums:

"The battery cover is awful. Cut a slot for a coin or flathead, that little spanner wrench is obnoxious."

"A watch case opening tool or a set of snap ring pliers could probably be improvised to open that compartment."

"Derlin punch and hammer in the slots can get the cap turning."

"hold a set of needle nose pliers/good tweezers the right distance and turn them that way. That's how I used to take an 870 forend off before I got the tool"

Several folks said to call holosun for a replacement tool, I looked at their website but could not find the tool for the version one 507c,

anyways good luck and welcome to the forums.

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭

I use a small pair of jewelers needle nose pliers. The points fit in the holes.

• SoldarSoldar Member Posts: 2

I tried a piece of wood and a punch and got it to turn. Then I thought, how will I get it back on? I am going to take it to a gunsmith. Thanks for the suggestions.