In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Customs and Border Protection can Seize & Scan all Electronic Devices!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in Politics

Do you think That congress is going to stop it.I doubt it seriously.

serf

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11216337/CBP-sparks-privacy-fears-revealed-2-700-officers-WARRANTLESS-access-data.html

Thousands of US government officials have unlimited access to as many as 10,000 devices which are seized from travelers moving across the country.  

Electronic devices such as cellphones, iPads and laptops taken from those going through airports, seaports and border crossings are being mined for data. 

The leader of the Customs and Border Protection told congressional staff that the massive database can be accessed by 2,700 CBP officers without a warrant.

During a briefing, which took place in the summer, officials also said that the data is maintained for 15 years.

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭

if ever a movie was ahead of its time I can say

i watched it last year after hearing about it my whole life amazing how close the facts are

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭

Well, in todays world it is much worse: They can take whatever they want especially your property, they can freeze your assets, and even incarcerate you. Especially If you voted for Trump.

• Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

There are many concerns about this and searches. One concern is private use by individuals doing the search to start their own business, or selling information, by industrial espionage.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭

i belive this is possible 100 miles from any border

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Creeping police state with total awareness technology. Of course you will always get your day in court if you can afford it that is! Only the rich can buy enough justice in today's world now. A court appointed attorney is just another smoke and mirrors technique. Your guilty until proven innocence now.

serf