In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Limbsaver, Kick-Eez or decelerator?

sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

If ordering a replacement stock from Boyd's, it will probably be a choice between these. What say you??

Thanx!

Arrivederci gigi

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

I had a 'Kick-Eez' that got hard and finally crumbled away. Have a LimbSaver on a muzzleloader that's still in good condition after 12 years. Have several Decelerators and no problems with any of them.

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭

I use limb-saver on my long guns

not sure if the others are better or not I don't have them

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭

I had a limbsaver slip on pad for an old muzzleloading shotgun. put it on and never took it off. when I finally did after a few years it had left a mark where it was, the last 2-3 inches of the wood had a stain/ring I never could get off and the pad laying in a box of junk in the gun cabinet "melted" into any plastic it touched about like the old plastic fishing worm in a tackle box. I don't know if they have changed the formula since then as this was 20 years ago or so, and not sure if the screw on pads are the same as the slip on pads. all this aside that shotgun kicked like a mule and the pad did make it seem more like a 410 than a 12ga.

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭

they will send you a new one if you will contact them

some of their first ones had a glue problem or something

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Thanx for the replies folks! I'm restocking a Savage 110 7 mm RM with a sporter weight barrel, plastic stock and HARD rubber recoil pad. The whole setup weighs practically nothing and so it's punishing to shoot. Also thinking about a Hogue overmolded stock, but unsure about fitment on a 20 year old rifle. Boyd's has lots more detail on the website.

Arrivederci gigi