In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good Job Ruger Customer service......

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

The LCRx was returned today from Ruger. It was shipped in on Sept 13th and two weeks later it is back. I should point out at least 6 days of that was in transit and back. The Front sight was replaced as well as the pin that holds it in place. It came with a target that showed an OK group slightly low of the point of aim at 7 yards.

It was taken out to the hayfield and a green beans can was tossed about 7 yards out. I managed to hit it all eight rounds from 7 to 10 yards. Tomorrow or Thursday it will go to the range for a final sight in and tweeking....

GOOD JOB RUGER.....

Comments

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭

I've only had to send one to Ruger once. Like you their customer service was excellent

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Good news, good job. The Rugers we have , have all served us well.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, Ruger is one of the few with a REAL warranty and customer service dept!

Glad you got it fixed.

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭

Bought my wife an LCP to carry in her purse as she traveled between offices in Tampa, St Pete, Port Richey, Clearwater Park, Bradenton, Pinellas Park and Largo, five days a week. She carried it for two years before we decided to take it to the range and shoot it, Well, it wouldn't shoot .......... at all ... pull the trigger and nada.

Sent it back to Ruger and they used the frame but completely replaced everything else did some upgrades,

tested it and shipped it back to me free and fast.`

The turn around was one week. was very pleased

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,311 ******

I think it's pretty obvious I'm a Ruger fan, but @bullshot our wives are sure different... Mine wanted to shoot her SR9 the minute we got it home from the store even after she had fired mine multiple times before we even went to the store, hard to believe yours would carry any weapon for two years without ever firing it first... However I guess we are all different.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,820 ✭✭✭✭

Good service is hard to find these days. Good on Ruger

• OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine house burned down and his old Ruger auto maybe mark I survived bacause it got buried under some wet stuff as things caved in. He asked me to clean and check the pistol. Still worked good but handles melted bad. I called Ruger (this was 30 years ago) needing replacement grips. they said no charge, they are in the mail.

Really a shame that several places Customer Service now days cannot see the trees for the Forest and do the right thing W/O have t get into arguments.

I've also had good luck with Leupold CS.

I have a permanent list (carved in rock) of companies I will not do business with due to them leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭

RCBS is another good one,

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭

Too bad we don't have a list with a voting system Okie. The list so people would know. I know people will have an occasional bad experience with a good company, so the voting system would show if something was a one-off or a common occurrence. Remington nearly lost me as a customer in the mid-90's in realistically, probably should have. I found the solution to the issue and fixed it myself inexpensively. They had been better in the middle, but just before their latest reorganization, they seemed to go through another slump. I still like their products and have a lot of them. I won't have another Taurus at any price. Leupold has been top notch as you mentioned. While I have had many issues with Limbsaver pads "melting", they've replaced them all without issue even 20 years later. Benelli has been awesome, but I don't know what is up with them the last few years making guns that shoot 15" off point of aim.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭

That one is on me, I never should have given her an untested firearm in the first place. In her defense, she was an extremely busy business woman and she trusted me. Even though nothing ever happened that would make her need the gun, I will always feel guilty that I set her up for a potential tragedy .

Lesson learned, just glad that it wasn't the hard way.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"