In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Did you guys survive Ian??

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

How did you guys make out down there? Did you survive, how much damage is in your area?

Comments

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

My girlfriend's buddy Mara lives in Venice. She got minor house damage, by a miracle no water in the house. She just drove up to Sarasota to get a cell phone signal, just called my girlfriend a minute ago. Very lucky.

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Lost power about midnight still not on. But a lot better then a couple neighborhoods just up the street quite a few homes got flooded out.

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Still without power but no flooding or damage to the house that I can tell. Winds are still gusting 50-65 and the rain bands are still dumping on us BUT ...... it'll all be over tomorrow. Yay ..............

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭

Checking in, no power or internet but we were well prepared and as comfortable as could be hoped for. I am just outside of Orlando on the West side. Im certain we got every bot of 18” inches of rain. I know because I was draining my pool as it accumulated.

Cheers-

• gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

We lost power for 6 hours and a few extra branches down in the yard but other than that we faired pretty good. Close to 16 inches of rain in 24 hours. Our lake is coming up but not into my yard yet.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Just a light rainy day.

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭

Utah was mercifully spared. We do have a Hurricane here, but it's a town.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭

BIL in Ft. Meyers. Got one quick text message towards end of storm and he said he was okay at that time. Have not heard anything else since then so don’t know his or his homes status. Looking at the map his home is 10 miles south of were IAN made land fall.

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭

We're all good, just a bunch of debris, no downed trees and unlike most of the rest of the county no flooding even at the height of the storm. Power was restored to us at 5:30 am yesterday though 50% of the county is still without power.

God was looking out for us.

Still praying for those poor souls in SW florida that lost everything., we ask that you do the same.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

He came by about 0100 this morning. I never lost power, it flickered many times but no loss. Lots of rain, we got 3-4 inches it seems like. winds got up some but no trees down around me lots of leaves and limbs though. The deer are going to be happy there are a ton of acorns on the ground.

RLTW

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

A few wind gusts ,about 25mph,4 inches of rain . Took about twenty minutes to clean up what few small limbs had fallen . Neighbors report the same . Eastern NC ,Wayne County . Think 15 or 20 folks around county lost power. ⁰

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....